• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another eBay transaction gone sour :(

80 posts in this topic

I'm going to hold you to that....

Just make sure that it's graded properly graded or another thread gets started! tongue.gif

Just make sure that it's graded properly graded or another thread gets started!

Hey....admit it...that Batman #200 was pretty close in grade to your POS Marvel Feature #1.. mad.gif

I think the guy is a freakin' insufficiently_thoughtful_person for not being more helpful, but your emails were a bit harsh at first. You could have said:

"Hi - I just won 2 of your items and am excited to received them. Could you please combine shipping and handling and let me know how much I'll need to pay?"

The 2nd email could have read "Thanks for the fast reply. However, I do not agree with your $20 fee for shipping. I ship items on Ebay all the time, and have received many packages as well. It should not cost you more than $8 to ship these items. You can use newspaper instead of bubble wrap, and use an old box for all I care. Please email me back with the total shipping costs. Thanks!"

Or something to that affect. If he's still being unreasonable, then tell him shove the box and figures up his [!@#%^&^]! grin.gif

No direct offense to anyone here, but I find it hysterical when you guys within the US start crying over shipping costs. Try being just across the border, buying expensive items, and having to deal with customs and extremely over-shot shipping estimates on 95% of all your transactions. I could start similar threads like these, with all my shipping woes on a daily basis. So for anyone within US borders who feel the need to cry over getting yanked on shipping, grab a kleenex and suck it up.

No need. Ever since the fall LHS spirit dance in 9th grade where Heather G. snuck me out to the hill just above the football field and christened me into manhood, I've been able to handle my problems. grin.gif

No direct offense to anyone here,

smirk.gif

but I find it hysterical when you guys within the US start crying over shipping costs.

cool.gif So you don't mind when you buy an item and a seller charges for handling + a box + all other associated costs when it's not in the auction description? I've done business with a seller that charged me for their PayPal fees, and it wasn't even in the auction description. Who's "crying" over shipping costs anyway? I was ticked off about handling and box costs. The seller asked for a shipping address in the auction (NO FIXED PRICE), and then immediately sent me 2 invoices with $10 shipping each (for a $20 total), without even having my address to figure costs! Then I sent him an email with my address (as requested in the auction), asking the seller to combine the items (guess I was asking too much?) and for the exact S&H costs. Oh well, to some people, it seems to be more important HOW someone does something rather than WHAT they are doing. In other words, it OK to stab someone in the back, as long as you do it tactfully and in a nice manner. smirk.gif

Try being just across the border, buying expensive items, and having to deal with customs and extremely over-shot shipping estimates on 95% of all your transactions. I could start similar threads like these, with all my shipping woes on a daily basis.

Glad I could be of service, maybe I should create another thread for you to vent? smirk.gif Need a hanky? grin.gif

Glad I could be of service, maybe I should create another thread for you to vent? Need a hanky?

Did you even get the point of what I was trying to say? I'm NOT complaining, and I'm NOT crying over shipping *and handling * woes. I'm just trying to point out that some of us(like myself and Greggy) have to deal with this [!@#%^&^] on ebay ALL THE TIME, and have a lot more difficulty dealing with these issues. And many times, there's a lot more at stake than a pair of Spiderman toys. I was hoping that maybe you'd consider that, and realize that you have less to cry about than you thought.

I've never had any problem with you in the past, and have had some good conversations with you, so here's a word of advice: STOP JUMPING DOWN EVERYONE'S THROAT WHO HAPPEN TO HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW THAN YOU DO. And if you want another piece of advice to avoid negatives on ebay, STOP JUMPING DOWN EVERY SELLERS THROAT, JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT IMEADIETLY CATER TO YOUR EVERY WHIM. And if you want people on this forum to stop being negative towards you, STOP STARTING THREADS ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS AS IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ANY, AND THEN SUBSEQUENTLY GET OVERLY DEFENSIVE WHEN PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH YOUR HORRIBLE HANDLING OF THE SITUATION.

See? I can have a bad day too. mad.gif

[*]No need. Ever since the fall LHS spirit dance in 9th grade where Heather G. snuck me out to the hill just above the football field and christened me into manhood, I've been able to handle my problems.

[*]grab a kleenex and suck it up.

Um, I think you just used the last one. shocked.gif