• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade - 1952 Precode Horror

14 posts in this topic

Had this for a couple of years and just re-found it! Back is bone white with a date stamp (hooray - I know this 11/52 book arrived on 9/52 - I love those tidbits of info!).

Anyway - OW pages throughout. The rubbing at the top is caused by a bit of overhang. frown.gif

Oh yeah - the bleedthrough is from the microchamber paper. Just like CGC! grin.gif

weirdhorrors4.jpg

Great lookin' book, POV! 893applaud-thumb.gif That LL spine wear is going to hurt the grade though . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Tough to read the extent of the wear from the scan. hi.gif

The scan, at least oin my 17" 1024 x 768 display, is a little larger than the book so what you see is pretty danged close. Not a chew. More like a "rub". Doesn;t hit the back and really is only where you see it in the scan. It doesn;t impact the inner cover either. more like some ink rubbed off.

I agree - this will keep it out of the grade it would have deserved but - I think it is an interesting grading quandary because the book really is beautiful.

But I'll be brave unlike those before me, and I actually post a grade cause' I keeps it real like that . . .

It's called "discourse" . . . now, where did I put my "kiss my King" graemlin 893scratchchin-thumb.gifyeahok.gif

It is a tough book to grade from the scan. But I'll be brave unlike those before me, and I actually post a grade cause' I keeps it real like that!!!! headbang.gif

7.0!

What I was thinking before I scrolled down to see any other opinions.

Nice looking book!

Is that a notch out of the cover in the tree root above the last "L" in the word Knoll?

If so, with the other defects I would say 6.5.

Still a VERY presenable copy with tremendous eye appeal, glad you came across it agin!

It looks like a pretty solid 7.0, and I actually think it has a good chance at a 7.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Finally a "voice of reason" grin.gifwink.gif

7.0 seems about right... sumo.gif