• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any Artist on hear ?

137 posts in this topic

This started off as a simple drawing of pup dog from the POGO strips by Walt Kelly. Naturally I got carried away and kept doodling. Had to put this on the scanner 4 times and then piece it together.

976567-micadrawing2.jpg

Wow, excellent work. Very nice.

This started off as a simple drawing of pup dog from the POGO strips by Walt Kelly. Naturally I got carried away and kept doodling. Had to put this on the scanner 4 times and then piece it together.

976567-micadrawing2.jpg

No doubt, it takes alot of raw talent but above all practice makes perfect. And Aman are you giving use guys that posted a shot? "Theres a lot more to drawing than adding muscles and crosshatching."

well yes and no. All the posted pieces are great and come from the heart! I merely suggest any of those who [embarrassing lack of self control] on "the comic book hacks" who might be posting their own work, put it in perspective

No doubt, it takes alot of raw talent but above all practice makes perfect. And Aman are you giving use guys that posted a shot? "Theres a lot more to drawing than adding muscles and crosshatching."

well yes and no. All the posted pieces are great and come from the heart! I merely suggest any of those who [embarrassing lack of self control] on "the comic book hacks" who might be posting their own work, put it in perspective

We aren't claiming to be pros. Should sports commentators not comment on players because they can't dunk themselves? Everyone has a healthy respect for popular artists, but saying you can't criticize them because you can't do it yourself is a silly argument.

I figured you would be the only guy here besides me (well maybe Scrooge) that would be able to identify every character there. thumbsup2.gif

I figured you would be the only guy here besides me (well maybe Scrooge) that would be able to identify every character there. thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif I liked your art. My jaw broke when I saw it. I didn't know you had it in you to do this. I am completely incapable to draw. And yes I know most characters but allow me a stupid question, who's the dog (with the rabbit on the top of its paw)?

I read a book about how to break into comic books it has tips and stories from artist & writers from all era's GA till now

Jim Lee said he showed his work and he was told he would have to be able to bump up production to 4-6 if he wanted to make it.

And noone does it better then the KING!

I read a book about how to break into comic books it has tips and stories from artist & writers from all era's GA till now

Jim Lee said he showed his work and he was told he would have to be able to bump up production to 4-6 if he wanted to make it.

Jim Lee would be lucky to get through 4-6 pages a week. The general rule of thumb is that people want to be able to do a page a day. Some guys are faster than that, but not many (these days at least.)