• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Holy Grail Acquired: FIN FANG FOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

Just wanted to chime in with everyone else on what is an incredible Kirby art score. Congrats Steve. This really is a grail piece. Simply amazing. You know you will have to stop calling your collection "humble"

Clem....

Thanks! It is a major piece -- historic even -- as you and Hari and others say. I didn't really think about it making me swim with the big fish, because I'm not in the same league as the big fish. It's not the kind of piece I will be picking up on a regular basis!!! Unless those lottery tickets work out... 27_laughing.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just got lucky and got the chance of a lifetime to get a piece I've always thought of as the grail of grails.

So now I have to go after some "lesser" grails, like a nice Ditko ASM page and Dr. Strange page. cloud9.gif

headbang.gif

Based on my earlier statement that your splash might've made a good cover,

I decided to to a "What If" using your page and replacing the original cover to Strange Tales # 89.

So here is ST # 89 with the Great Wall variant cover!

979094-82854655732.89.jpg

979094-82854655732_89.jpg.ec83719197eb317e4d60aacfc8bac714.jpg

Thanks! It is a major piece -- historic even -- as you and Hari and others say. I didn't really think about it making me swim with the big fish, because I'm not in the same league as the big fish. It's not the kind of piece I will be picking up on a regular basis!!! Unless those lottery tickets work out... 27_laughing.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just got lucky and got the chance of a lifetime to get a piece I've always thought of as the grail of grails.

So now I have to go after some "lesser" grails, like a nice Ditko ASM page and Dr. Strange page. cloud9.gif

headbang.gif

Just a classic iconic image from that age of atlas comics...wonderful piece!

That is VERY COOL! I like, I like!!!!!

I decided to to a "What If" using your page and replacing the original cover to Strange Tales # 89.

Nah, you missed the boat . . . those shorts need to be coloured purple laugh.gif