• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Batman 3 CGC 4.5 R
3 3

39 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, Courageous Cat said:

playing devils advocate, but although perhaps a bit orthodox on these boards, and I probably wouldn't do it, but i see no reason why he can't offer up a public bid

I’m pretty sure I’m the ONLY member here who has hosted selling threads where counter offers were welcome within the thread itself.  I enjoyed the action.

The community here has decided it’s bad form to do so without the seller’s permission.(shrug)

On 3/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, pmWolf said:

(Points to earlier in this very thread)

That might too complicated. 

I am curious about the community and it's opinions. Was there a referendum that I missed?  Of the gazillion rules  for selling, I don't see one that says offers can't be made in public. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, shadroch said:

I am curious about the community and it's opinions. Was there a referendum that I missed?  Of the gazillion rules  for selling, I don't see one that says offers can't be made in public. 

Nobody ever does it. Almost every offer gets sent via PM. 

Seriously, look at the hundreds and hundreds of sales threads here, and there is just no evidence whatsoever of anyone doing it. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, shadroch said:

0821C8F5-5B37-4783-8A38-3C0B5779E6FC.gif.79d49ffbe3401b85c3034b08508da3ca.gif

On 3/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

No.  Because it’s bad form.  Would love to see an example of where you’ve done this.....:popcorn:

It was done at least once on one of mine. I thought it was just a sort of a funny thing since it was quite low, and I was legitimately just trying to have a fun thread parting with an under copy. It didn’t make me ‘angry’ but it was different and the first time I had ever come across it. Personally, I think the unwritten rule is offering within the PM. For what it’s worth…

3C1D4482-462A-4D85-9BAF-ADC692F63C91.jpeg

On 3/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, shadroch said:

Surely such an egregious violation of so many rules calls for a 30% discount on the books in question. Maybe even 50%? 

Rulez are rulez.

You can easily make an offer!

It is my second copy. 

I am considering the offer if it is still valid  and I will PM you. 

I am happy people are considering purchasing my comic.

I have the 7th best Batman 1-100 registry set and this issue was part of it until I upgraded.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:54 PM, jimhouston1 said:

You can easily make an offer!

It is my second copy. 

I am considering the offer if it is still valid  and I will PM you. 

I am happy people are considering purchasing my comic.

I have the 7th best Batman 1-100 registry set and this issue was part of it until I upgraded.

Yes , the offer is valid and was a first shot in negotiations. it was a serious offer and I had no intention of disrupting your sales thread.