• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage in plastic boxes
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I have putted some of my collection (both books and CDs) in standard plastic storage boxes, but I was thinking as they are quite sealed for air, not 100% I suppose, but still, would it be wise to drill a couple of holes to them so the air can be changed and prevent humidity inside the boxes ?

I don't know much about the boxes and what they are made of, they seem to be made in Sweden and have a quite similar look to this:

https://www.relags.com/index.php?show=shop&wg=&artl=1&artikel=140324

Thank you. 

Edited by stanh

I just putted some paper strips between the box and the top cover so there will be a small distance (a millimeter or two) there. It will allow some air to get in/out at least, any thoughts?

Where will the boxes be stored?  I don't think you have to worry much about humidity unless the temperature around the boxes changes a lot.  As in, if you're keeping them in the attic, garage, or storage unit you have a problem; if you're keeping them in a year-round climate controlled room it's probably fine.  If I were doing it I'd probably just drop in a little silica gel packet or something.