• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there honestly any long term value in modern (post 2010) comics?
3 3

42 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 2:07 PM, Krydel4 said:

Most FB Marketplace comics groups are like that now. It's all Slabs for Sale, 9.8s for Sale. The books are rarely mentioned in the advert. Buy the Label or Grade not the book is the mantra of the day in those groups.

Like I said, it's really a case of to each their own..................as a long time comic book collector though, I am definitely much more interested in comic books that have value (i.e. sell for multiples of condition guide) across the entire condition spectrum or even in restored condition, as opposed to those "common as dirt" books that have value only in CGC 9.8 or above and then pretty much worthless in any grade below that.  hm

To me, it's all good as long as everybody enjoys whatever it is they are collecting, whether it be comic books or CGC labels.  (thumbsu