• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner/Monitor test...input requested.

22 posts in this topic

Everything is maxed out....

Well, I hate it when people say "time for a new "whatever" cause I don;lt know your financial situation. but if you haven;t been monitor pricing for a while you are gonna be in for a real shock. the prices have come down so much - that you can get a nice 17" monitor for $100 or so. It is crazier than Crazy Eddie!

Yup...I here ya pov....but I'm kinda from old school..."if it's still kicken' then what the heck do you need a new one for"...however...I think it is time to renew... wink.gif

if it's still kicken' then what the heck do you need a new one for"...

I hear that. It is like the people whoi buy the newest word processor. On the old one they used 10% of the features. On the new one, with even MORE features, they end up using 8%!! grin.gif

Just buy a 15 inch flat panel monitor like mine and save tons of space. The actual viewing area is similar to the regular 17 inch monitors! smile.gif

Come on over to the 19" LCD Dark Side and really start living. grin.gif

I have rarely been as impressed with a piece of hardware as I am with this puppy. Sub 20ms refresh, high contrast and even UT 2003 runs like a dream.

Would I rather have this or a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4... Hmmmm.. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Come on over to the 19" LCD Dark Side and really start living

Sorry...but I can't really justify the extra cost! I would love to have one but....greggy's not going to overspend on anything! shocked.gif

I'm afraid to buy LCD since I would be touching the screen constantly to make it do funny things....

I do that in work a lot! lol. It is also interesting to look at a flat panel through a pair of polarized sunglasses. Some VERY weird results can be seen.

It is also interesting to look at a flat panel through a pair of polarized sunglasses. Some VERY weird results can be seen.

LSDesque? confused.gif

>>Sorry...but I can't really justify the extra cost! I would love to have one but....greggy's not going to overspend on anything!

I know what you mean, but I just thought about all the stupid things I spend money on, added to the fact that I'd like to keep my 20/20 eyesight a bit longer, and it was an easier buy.

Actually, the wife ordered it for me, as she "worries about me staring at a screen so much". This from someone who refuses to buy name-brand ketchup. grin.gif