• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions for Comiclink to become more competitive
2 2

52 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 3:23 AM, PGEAR12 said:

How on earth was this a 7.5?

Dust shadows don't affect the grade.  There is a GA mega-key that is a CGC 9.6 but has all sorts of dust shadows on the back cover.

On 4/14/2022 at 1:46 AM, tth2 said:

Dust shadows don't affect the grade.  There is a GA mega-key that is a CGC 9.6 but has all sorts of dust shadows on the back cover.

That first became clear to me with a recent highly touted pedigree, but with all due respect tth2, I can guarantee you it affects my buying decision. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 4/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

with all due respect tth2, I can guarantee you it affects my buying decision

Of course, and that's your prerogative. (shrug)

On 4/14/2022 at 9:00 AM, tth2 said:

Of course, and that's your prerogative. (shrug)

Yes I know that’s my prerogative. But that’s not the issue. The thread is “What can ComicLink do to become more competitive”. And what I’m saying is clink is leaving money on the table because of their policy.

Bidders wont throw in last minute bids when there’s no back cover to look at. If Clink wants to be more competitive they need to include back covers. I’ve made my last blind bid, and if you think I’m the only one who feels this way, fine. But I bet it’s not just me

:sumo:

On 4/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes I know that’s my prerogative. But that’s not the issue. The thread is “What can ComicLink do to become more competitive”. And what I’m saying is clink is leaving money on the table because of their policy.

Bidders wont throw in last minute bids when there’s no back cover to look at. If Clink wants to be more competitive they need to include back covers. I’ve made my last blind bid, and if you think I’m the only one who feels this way, fine. But I bet it’s not just me

The bold above is exactly why I started this thread: I didn't spend a dime on their last auction, despite plans to buy around $4-5K of OA. And I'm not the only one, it seems.

Their decision not to add the simplest, cheapest code for user-friendly features (e.g., lot tracking and email notifications) and server support to enhance their business leaves me with one of two conclusions: They don't give a damn about us because "business is great, why bother" or they don't know how to operate a business despite a) all of the excellent web design services available these days and b) sitting in the eye of an OA pricing storm which is setting new records every month, which should be generating the cash to pay for (a). Whatever it is, I won't be consigning any art to them in the future until they get their act together. 

On 4/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, wolvergeek said:

Man I agree with all of this. CLink's website was fine 10 to 15 years ago but it is horrible by today's standards. They really shouldn't have their monthly auction end the day after a main Heritage one.

Helps buyers get better pricing, I suspect.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:19 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

We’re in violent agreement! :wavingwhiteflag:

On 4/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was going to comment about this issue but I wasn't logged in and it didn't involve OA. There are a few comics I would consider buying but wouldn't even bother looking to buy from any of the Clink auctions. There are too many really ugly things that can be on a back cover. Writing has always been a pet peeve so not being able to see a back cover is a no go for me.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:16 PM, Mephisto said:

I was going to comment about this issue but I wasn't logged in and it didn't involve OA. There are a few comics I would consider buying but wouldn't even bother looking to buy from any of the Clink auctions. There are too many really ugly things that can be on a back cover. Writing has always been a pet peeve so not being able to see a back cover is a no go for me.

Maybe Josh thinks that bandwidth speeds and data storage prices are still the same as back in 2000. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, tth2 said:

Maybe Josh thinks that bandwidth speeds and data storage prices are still the same as back in 2000. 

I am actually shocked that my images for comics I sold on Clink around 2003 or 2004 still show up when I look at my sales history. It comes off as they just don't want to get an extra scanner and person to accommodate the extra time the the back scans will take.