• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Culture Vultures here?

My Cultural tastes are....  

135 members have voted

1. 1. My Cultural tastes are....

24 posts in this topic

Personally, I'm an opera fan. It costs waaaay too much but I try to go once a year.

Theatre has never been my favourite medium, but I try and grab at least one Shakespeare a year and maybe one other as well.

Managed to go to the ballet for the first time this year. Wasn't sure I'd enjoy it, but it was actually very good and not like what I was expecting. Swan Lake for anyone interested.

I'm a big movie goer, but a dislike of travelling into central London means that I mainly see mainstream cinema and most arty stuff I catch on video/DVD.

What about you? Anyone else into this stuff?

I take offense at the term fruits used in the poll. Moderator button hit.

Unless you're joking, have you never heard of irony? Since that was the 'joker' option, it was obvious to phrase it in a manner that lessens those who choose it. Can you not see that?

Unless you're joking, have you never heard of irony? Since that was the 'joker' option, it was obvious to phrase it in a manner that lessens those who choose it. Can you not see that?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeah, i got the sarcasm. Actually my comment is a joke about another thread a while back where SilverSurfer and I got chastised for using the term fruit in relationship to the amount of homosexuality on tv.

Yes, i got it, and that was actually the option I picked yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeah, i got the sarcasm. Actually my comment is a joke about another thread a while back where SilverSurfer and I got chastised for using the term fruit in relationship to the amount of homosexuality on tv.

Sorry, I hadn't seen your thread with SS, although I was willing to believe you were joking (a good case for a tongue.gif though).

I'm glad you're not on my fruit case, but sad you don't go for any of this stuff. I'll tell you something, you would not believe how [embarrassing lack of self control] good opera is. My musical tastes generally go to late 60's/early 70's hard rock. As it happens, I've always had a penchant for orchestra music, but really getting into a good opera is one of the most emotionally satisfying experiences you can have.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, I hadn't seen your thread with SS, although I was willing to believe you were joking (a good case for a tongue.gif though).

I'm glad you're not on my fruit case, but sad you don't go for any of this stuff. I'll tell you something, you would not believe how [embarrassing lack of self control] good opera is. My musical tastes generally go to late 60's/early 70's hard rock. As it happens, I've always had a penchant for orchestra music, but really getting into a good opera is one of the most emotionally satisfying experiences you can have.

To me, there isnt much better than a rock song with an orchestra in the background. Songs like Duane Almans version of Midnight rider, Metallica's No Leaf Clover, and some others I can think ofoff the top of my head blush.gif

I'll tell you something, you would not believe how [embarrassing lack of self control] good opera is. My musical tastes generally go to late 60's/early 70's hard rock. As it happens, I've always had a penchant for orchestra music, but really getting into a good opera is one of the most emotionally satisfying experiences you can have.

You could call me a lightweight opera fan, because I primarily like operas that feature great tenor arias. I've tried and tried, including listening to Maria Callas' greatest arias many times, but still find female operatic voices to be excruciating.

grin.gif

I think you can safely assume it's under literature. I tried not to get too genre specific or there would have been a ridiculous number of categories.