• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Authors Proof? Possible grade if graded?

6 posts in this topic

Ok so, I think printing defect with the long line down the comic. Should not affect the grade as long as it is printer defect. However, there is also that back left corner with is fairly bent. With all that in mind, I say 4.5-5.0

Edited by MrRoboto

Thank you! That long line is on the harder cardboard type cover from it being opened. Not sure if that’s what you meant by that. Seems to be a prototype cover that was put on after the guide was put together with those metal bindings. Has anyone ever seen an authors proof strategy guide? I’ve never seen anything like this and not sure how to proceed honestly. Thank you guys again

8E10A1D9-9C58-4FF8-B8C7-9E0F00D7BAF2.jpeg

DB4E4F33-7573-4D79-BDB9-F7BB5E6FBFA5.jpeg

E3B2C9F8-040A-4D49-A58A-D1E674B891B3.jpeg

Interesting, cannot tell you what it is as far as a prototype/proof book.  The lines down front and back appear to be where there is the break in the stock for the cover to be able to open and close as it is a glued binding, not stapled.

There is quite a bit of wear all over and of course the pretty narly CB bend on BC.  

5.0/5.5

I apologize if I’m writing too much but something as possibly rare as this in an extremely collectible market these days.. I just wanted to be sure and use as many resources as I can. So thank you guys! I’m on the fence on wether or not to even have it graded. I’m not sure if it would hurt or help something as rare as this (if that’s the case and this is in fact an authors proof) This was a $1.99 purchase at a Savers thrift store (hence the damage to the cover I’m sure). A friends brother knows someone at Nintendo apparently so if anyones interested I’ll post what I find out. 

Edited by Sseanbroken