• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm out. Time to get out of comics...for me.
4 4

88 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, Gaard said:

I started to get a little hint of that 'burned out' feeling a few months ago. Instead of getting out, I decided to try something a little different ... ok, a lot different. I've been a collector since the '70s and never, ever bought a romance comic. So when I started to feel tired of this whole thing, I started buying/reading some of that Bronze Age romance stuff. I won't lie ... it's a real change. I'll never stop adding spandex to the collection, but now I can have all that and also learn how to keep my man.

All kidding aside, it sure is nice to have a large list of 'wants' again.

Did the same, only I went the way of old Carl Barks Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge books, it’s totally reignited my collector spark. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:33 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

If I didn’t have comic books in my life, I really don’t know how I’d make it through my work day.  Hours upon hours spent doing the same thing over and over again on the computer.  It’s not such a bad job, but looking forward to books arriving in the mail, going to shows and working deals is what gets me through a lot of days.  Well, comic books and my cat.

DocHoppus182, your sigline is short but very impressive! Wish I had examples of the two items you show. Working on my sigline lately, deciding what should make the cut. :)

On 4/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, originalisbest said:

DocHoppus182, your sigline is short but very impressive! Wish I had examples of the two items you show. Working on my sigline lately, deciding what should make the cut. :)

Thank you!  Unfortunately I almost always use my phone so I don’t get to see sig lines.  Bums me out.

I will definitely continue grabbing an occasional reprint book or Masterworks of my Spider-Man series, but that's probably it.  And trying to sell even a relatively smaller collection of a couple thousand books will take time to get a decent prices.  I'm pretty busy, so setting up sales on eBay or the forum will be hard for me to do.  Slow and steady...