• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk #181
2 2

10 posts in this topic

2.5 range. A good cleaning and press would definitely help this book. THE Bronze Age grail. If you can get it at a good price, go for it. I wouldn't pay above FMV though (IMHO).

On 5/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, Phill the Governor said:

There's a 95% chance there's some color touch, at least at the spine.

This. :sumo:  There's green and purple color touch up and down the creases on Hulk.

Apparent 3.5 feels about right.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Point Five said:

This. :sumo:  There's green and purple color touch up and down the creases on Hulk.

Apparent 3.5 feels about right.

this is why I only buy graded grails. I see a little bit of a funny green to the right of the hulk's abs but that's about it and probably not even what you're talking about.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:03 PM, Geoff2099 said:

this is why I only buy graded grails. I see a little bit of a funny green to the right of the hulk's abs but that's about it and probably not even what you're talking about.

Yep! Green slathered on the Hulk right there, and a poor color match at that (click to enlarge his scan for a closer look). Some muddy touchups on the purple and black of Hulk's pants. Then red on the spine creases as Phil mentioned above, and on other random spots (top edge crescent crease, looks like). 

Agreed, with the strong prices on this book it's a good one to buy slabbed if you possibly can.