• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: GOLDEN AGE, natch! Precode horror, Fiction House, Blue Ribbon #10 PR, more!
4 4

30 posts in this topic

Last book,

BLUE RIBBON COMICS #10 in .5. Uncommon 1941 MLJ with Mr. Justice! A hard-fought upgrade frees up this copy. Bound volume issue... red tape (nope, not removable, not going anywhere) on the front spine, and book is probably lightly trimmed as per usual with bound volumes... but once you get past that, a very solid reader copy with OW pages. Selling at my cost. (This series from #9 on is super tough and cool, and I'd happily buy the rest of the run in this condition/price point.)

$250

blueribbon10.thumb.jpg.723b4d5d4981654d9f00ad91bc37c8b9.jpg

On 5/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, Point Five said:

AMAZING ADVENTURES #2 in 5.0/5.5. Classic 'Earth female in jail' painted cover. The deep rich inks and gloss on this book are off-the-charts, nicer than the harsh technical grade... it really looks freshly printed. Only small corner chips, and tiny splits on the spine corners, bring the grade down. White/OW pages.

$325

amazingadvs2.thumb.jpg.611bd7e1b0ad3ee8e9b4f396817c8b8c.jpg

Back:

Reveal hidden contents

amazingadvs2back.thumb.jpg.8247887c1fa20bb3fc43d07682e3f7dc.jpg

Add'l pic:

Reveal hidden contents

amazingadvs2-2.thumb.JPG.012268e0566033ebf67c3bf96aacfc8d.JPG

Sold!

On 5/21/2022 at 9:55 PM, Point Five said:

Last book,

BLUE RIBBON COMICS #10 in .5. Uncommon 1941 MLJ with Mr. Justice! A hard-fought upgrade frees up this copy. Bound volume issue... red tape (nope, not removable, not going anywhere) on the front spine, and book is probably lightly trimmed as per usual with bound volumes... but once you get past that, a very solid reader copy with OW pages. Selling at my cost. (This series from #9 on is super tough and cool, and I'd happily buy the rest of the run in this condition/price point.)

$250

blueribbon10.thumb.jpg.723b4d5d4981654d9f00ad91bc37c8b9.jpg

That's a Pop Hollinger book, isn't it?

On 5/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, telerites said:

That's a Pop Hollinger book, isn't it?

Hmm, I don't think so? Terry's Comics has shopped around a bunch of these formerly bound MLJ issues in the last few years... they have pretty nice freshness for early 40s books and seem to all be from one source. I think the Pop Hollinger books have brown tape, and from what I've seen, quite a bit more road wear to the covers.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:17 PM, Point Five said:

Hmm, I don't think so? Terry's Comics has shopped around a bunch of these formerly bound MLJ issues in the last few years... they have pretty nice freshness for early 40s books and seem to all be from one source. I think the Pop Hollinger books have brown tape, and from what I've seen, quite a bit more road wear to the covers.

Thanks, Jon.  MLJ covers like this are so cool.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, Point Five said:

AMAZING ADVENTURES #2 in 5.0/5.5. Classic 'Earth female in jail' painted cover. The deep rich inks and gloss on this book are off-the-charts, nicer than the harsh technical grade... it really looks freshly printed. Only small corner chips, and tiny splits on the spine corners, bring the grade down. White/OW pages.

$325  SOLD

amazingadvs2.thumb.jpg.611bd7e1b0ad3ee8e9b4f396817c8b8c.jpg

:takeit: as per PM. Thanks Jon - I've wanted one of those for a while.