• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

I have maybe two full short boxes set aside ranging from Gold to Silver to Bronze. Most will be raw, but some graded books will likely make it in. I will start with front cover/back cover/splash page pics, but I am happy to provide additional pics upon request.  I am going to list books text first, then come back with cell phone pics. There shouldn't be much of a delay.

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is via USPS Priority. I like the flat rate legal sized envelopes at $9.25. If we have to go to a box, then flat rate medium size is easiest at $16.25 in the US. I can work with you on a different solution, but that will be standard unless otherwise noted. Insurance is they buyer's choice (above the standard $50), and will cost whatever the USPS rate is.  If you want something else, happy to work with you. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #5, Atlas, 1951. Sharp copy that I had at 6.0, but when reviewing it closely, I see that the front cover has pulled through the top staple. Still attached at the back and centerfold, and bottom is good. I think it's a 5.0 that presents better than that.

$200  **SOLD per PM to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #6, Atlas, 1951. I bought this one from Terry's Comics, and they had it graded at 5.0. I think that is about right. A couple creases, and a bit of edge wear. Good color/gloss. 

$165  **SOLD per PM to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #7, Atlas, 1951. I also bought this one from Terry's Comics, and they had it graded at 3.0. I am going with 2.0. Cover is detached, and has splitting. Lays flat and has minimal surface wear, so presents nicely.

$75  **SOLD per PM to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #8, Atlas, 1952. This one has some old tape on the spine in three places. A blue ink stain impacts the lower right edge of the cover, and nine interior pages (minimal inside, only in the margins, and basically just a sliver at the very edge on most of the impacted pages). I think it's a 2.5.

$100  **SOLD per PM to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #11, Atlas, 1952. Really nice pages on this one, and the black cover is pretty nice except for the large area of wear on the guy's head upper center of the cover. I love the look on the skeleton's face. Spine wear as well, but I think it's a 3.0.

$115  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #23, Atlas, 1953. Lower grade, but complete and attached (cover pulling hard at the staples, but hanging on). Small split at the bottom about 3/4 - 1". Corner missing from top front. Some interior tanning to covers and pages. I have it at 2.5

$90  **SOLD per PM to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventures Into Terror #24, Atlas, 1953. Cover is glossy, but dust shadow right edge. Lots of general wear including another spine split at the bottom of 3/4 - 1", and a small edge tear on the front.   Not a lot of major issues to call out, but still lower grade. I have it at 2.0.

$65  **SOLD per PM to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 6/1/2022 at 2:47 PM, elibowman said:

Adventures Into Terror #7, Atlas, 1951. I also bought this one from Terry's Comics, and they had it graded at 3.0. I am going with 2.0. Cover is detached, and has splitting. Lays flat and has minimal surface wear, so presents nicely.

$75

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice selection, Eli!  You should note that the story, "Where Monsters Dwell" was illustrated by Basil Wolverton.  That story alone is worth the price.