• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED — All Select 7, Cap 59, Batman 78, Popeye 1, more; Gold, Silver & Bronze Inside
4 4

157 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 10:06 PM, Readcomix said:

Two-Gun Kid #61 (2nd appearance of Matt Hawk, the Marvel continuity Two-Gun Kid). FN- $125

(compare to recent eBay sales; a polite “no thanks” in advance on offers; I’m probably already too low on this one. Pretty copy of a tough 1962 Marvel.)

F6B62B43-19AA-4069-B66F-C9C70CB7B8CD.jpeg

1BBDFF6A-3D7D-4BE6-85D5-9B401200AE1C.jpeg

139D82E9-05ED-423D-8C52-03F923620F34.jpeg

1A92BCFB-DBFE-4D09-903B-2A757124FF64.jpeg

8F4D4AA1-729C-414A-A306-103CAEDD140F.jpeg

Take @ 20% off

On 6/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, Readcomix said:

I’ll listen to reasonable PM’s, gang. Comps on Timelys in general are tough enough, let alone translating them to incomplete books.

Any more timelys to go up? Looking for USA comics, subby, batman, superman, all winners etc. also Nedor/shomburg interest me :)

On 7/5/2022 at 1:12 AM, crimson dynamo said:

Wow that was a deal.  The full Kirby issues are rarely showing up in this nice of a condition.

Thank you; I tried to price it fairly, even before sale price, to give boardies a good deal. Comps are tough, but I went under what little was on eBay listings/sold when I first looked. Books like this need to move to good homes when they move. I feel like I’m passing along responsibility for stewardship of some hobby history when I left books like this go. Happy it’s going to a great home!

On 7/5/2022 at 5:40 AM, A.K. - SilverAgeComicsUK said:

Any more timelys to go up? Looking for USA comics, subby, batman, superman, all winners etc. also Nedor/shomburg interest me :)

Sorry; this is it. That’s my wheelhouse too; only letting these few go in fact because I already have too many incompletes to try to complete. (Not that there’s a lot of them, but a handful of incomplete golden age that one actively tries to finish off is more of a project than it might sound like!)

On 7/5/2022 at 2:23 PM, Readcomix said:

Sorry; this is it. That’s my wheelhouse too; only letting these few go in fact because I already have too many incompletes to try to complete. (Not that there’s a lot of them, but a handful of incomplete golden age that one actively tries to finish off is more of a project than it might sound like!)

Please keep me in mind if you change your mind! :D interested in nedor/schomburg/supe/bat/usacomics/ etc 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:20 AM, Readcomix said:

Thank you; I tried to price it fairly, even before sale price, to give boardies a good deal. Comps are tough, but I went under what little was on eBay listings/sold when I first looked. Books like this need to move to good homes when they move. I feel like I’m passing along responsibility for stewardship of some hobby history when I left books like this go. Happy it’s going to a great home!

I'm very happy to give it a good home! Long time funny book collector, but I'm newly into Marvel westerns thanks to the urging of a very good friend. I don't know the market very well, but it seemed like a very fair price to me. Can't wait to get it in and thumb it all up! Yippee ki-yay.....:yeehaw:

On 7/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Electron said:

I'm very happy to give it a good home! Long time funny book collector, but I'm newly into Marvel westerns thanks to the urging of a very good friend. I don't know the market very well, but it seemed like a very fair price to me. Can't wait to get it in and thumb it all up! Yippee ki-yay.....:yeehaw:

Thank you! It’s a very cool and tough early Marvel; I’m just trying to keep my focus narrow, and it’s presence is a temptation for me to expand in that direction!

Ok, I’ll leave it open until the a.m., with this reminder…also included in the sale are these 2 Creig Flessel dailies from the news paper strip “David Crane.” I originally offered them at $150 shipped each; take 20% off this price as well. (If you buy both, I would deduct another $20 as the shipping difference for two vs one is nil. I would box ship these.)

73702B78-45D9-4ACF-B06F-CE7F88A0AA6F.jpeg

9E67D1D4-51AC-4960-852B-6529D1A339A5.jpeg