• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting multiple of the same book has a bug in the "Declared Value" total?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Have any of you noticed this?

I submitted 3 of a book, in this case  1979 Warp Elfquest 1, and I said $300 for total value, and when it got registered as a submission, it showed up as a $900 total.   Just a wierd thing that could be improved on submission form right?

On 6/8/2022 at 1:49 PM, Jon Thor said:

Have any of you noticed this?

I submitted 3 of a book, in this case  1979 Warp Elfquest 1, and I said $300 for total value, and when it got registered as a submission, it showed up as a $900 total.   Just a wierd thing that could be improved on submission form right?

You are supposed to enter the value of 1 book, not the value of all 3 books. That is why it multiplies your entry by 3.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:49 AM, jharvey said:

You are supposed to enter the value of 1 book, not the value of all 3 books. That is why it multiplies your entry by 3.

not very intuitive:    there is a field where you type the number of books and then a single field to the right of it that says 'declared value'.   How are you supposed to infer that you put the value of a single book?  What if they all had different raw grades?