• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$25K for Son of Origins of Marvel Comics ad by Romita on ComicConnect

6 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 7:20 AM, Brian Peck said:

What does everyone think about the final hammer of $25K for the final inked original art of the ad for Sons of Origin of Marvel Comics by John Romita Sr.?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/955545?tzf=1

It's an interesting and unique item (though quite small) and would make a good display piece.  The price tag doesn't exactly seem unreasonable to me in today's market.  If it ends up with on a dealer's web-site, expect lots of hype to pump up the price further.

Edited by The Voord

On 6/11/2022 at 2:20 AM, Brian Peck said:

What does everyone think about the final hammer of $25K for the final inked original art of the ad for Sons of Origin of Marvel Comics by John Romita Sr.?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/955545?tzf=1

Great piece and I bet this winds up on a dealer's site for double that price very soon. It's an incredible image -- and AFAIK, the published painting has never surfaced. I spent years trying to track down the whereabouts of the Fireside painted covers, and I never heard a peep about this. I'm actually surprised the Sons of Origins painting hasn't popped up yet with so many black hole collections finally opening up.

On 6/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, Brian Peck said:

I own the inked prelim for this ad. Before the comicconnection auction  I thought my artwork was the prelim for the painted cover. I learned Romita did two versions for the fireside covers. My piece has Nick Fury instead of Scarlett Witch and all the lettering is hand drawn.

image.thumb.jpeg.4438f63376c83a7a700441976b3315b0.jpeg

Wow! that is a beautiful piece.