• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've got a foreign Action Comics 1 from 1938. Can I put it in a "Concert Poster" slab?

2 posts in this topic

Hi CGC,

In late 1938 the Brazilian "Gazetinha" Newspaper comic started printing Action Comics 1 in an episodic format.

Now that the foreign comic market is exploding, these comics should become very valuable and I'd like to slab them if I can.

The example I show has Zatara on the cover and then it has an Action Comics 1 Zatara page and an Action 1 Chuck Dawson page on the inside.

This comic is notable because it's the first "Cover appearance" of Zatara ANYWHERE, including the US (Zatara didn't make the cover of Action Comics until May1939).

I was wondering if this comic could be put into one of your "Concert Poster" slabs?

The exact measurement is 10-1/2" x 14-1/2"

IMG_1585.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Unfortunately, we would not be able to put this into a concert poster slab as it would not be safe for the book.  We have specific holders for comics and magazines that have a special inner well that the book sits into so it doesn't slide around in the holder.  We do not have inner wells for the concert poster holders. 

The largest size books we can accommodate is: 

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

I am sorry about that!  If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!