• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Verse #2 (2015)
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I was going to clean and press this book to send in to CGC with my next submission. As I was thumbing through the pages, I noticed on the last 3 pages that it looked like there are a bunch of printing errors which have like 2 white lines running down the middle of each page for about 3 of the pages.

The rest of the book looks really good, but I was primarily wondering if these printer error lines would cause a problem with the grade?

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

I would say you need to determine if this was a common problem on this book.

I do not have my books graded, however, the grading standards for NM 9.4 - MT 10.0 state...

"Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed."

That is a pretty vague statement considering that the word "subtle" is open to different interpretation, IMO, being on the inside pages and not really affecting the story in any way, and, by definition those lines are "subtle".

"not immediately obvious or comprehensible. difficult to detect or analyze,"

NM- 9.2 states, "A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed." which is also a very vague statement

On 6/23/2022 at 10:22 AM, marvelmaniac said:

I would say you need to determine if this was a common problem on this book.

I do not have my books graded, however, the grading standards for NM 9.4 - MT 10.0 state...

"Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed."

That is a pretty vague statement considering that the word "subtle" is open to different interpretation, IMO, being on the inside pages and not really affecting the story in any way, and, by definition those lines are "subtle".

"not immediately obvious or comprehensible. difficult to detect or analyze,"

NM- 9.2 states, "A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed." which is also a very vague statement

Thank you for your reply! That is what I am trying to figure out and not too sure where else to look to for verifying that this is a common issue. Wish there was some kind of site where people reported these printing defects for books.

Knowing CGC, sending this in will probably get this under a 9.0 when even at a 9.8 is not worth a whole lot.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, grendelbo said:

Since the defects are on interior pages I think it could get a 9.4/9.6 provided that the book is near-flawless otherwise.

Thanks for posting.

Thank you for the feedback. The rest of the book is in really good shape with no spine tics or issues with the corners. I guess I can take a shot and see if it can get a 9.6.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, captainzombie said:

Knowing CGC, sending this in will probably get this under a 9.0 when even at a 9.8 is not worth a whole lot.

The only way to know if these lines are common would be to have others that have a copy look at theirs.

I have to ask, what is the reason for having the book graded?

If this is to protect/display be aware that CGC cases are not UV protected, there are UV protected comic book frames available.

G1-Marvel-Comics-1000-Variant-Covers-Fra

On 6/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, marvelmaniac said:

The only way to know if these lines are common would be to have others that have a copy look at theirs.

I have to ask, what is the reason for having the book graded?

If this is to protect/display be aware that CGC cases are not UV protected, there are UV protected comic book frames available.

G1-Marvel-Comics-1000-Variant-Covers-Fra

I was going to have it slabbed to just keep it preserved since this modern Marvel paper is not something I trust for the long haul. Plus I see some of these Spider-Verse centric books going up higher in price down the road with everything going on with Miles.

On 6/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, captainzombie said:

I was going to have it slabbed to just keep it preserved since this modern Marvel paper is not something I trust for the long haul. Plus I see some of these Spider-Verse centric books going up higher in price down the road with everything going on with Miles.

Just so you are aware, CGC cases are not hermetically sealed, they still need to be stored in the same appropriate environmental conditions (away from UV, moisture and stored in a controlled temperature environment).

If you send it in Please let us know what the grade was and what if anything was noted about the lines.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:04 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Just so you are aware, CGC cases are not hermetically sealed, they still need to be stored in the same appropriate environmental conditions (away from UV, moisture and stored in a controlled temperature environment).

If you send it in Please let us know what the grade was and what if anything was noted about the lines.

Thank you! Yup, I am aware that CGC cases are not sealed and not resistant to moisture and UV. I've been buying slabs for awhile now and do know that their cases are not the greatest. LOL!

If I decide to send it in, I will report back. I have been scouring the net to see if I can find anything else and have not. I think I will take a look at some graded ones that are out there and if they have grader notes on them that may note this, but I doubt it since CGC these days doesn't like to really provide notes.

Edited by captainzombie