• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED- Happy Fourth!
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Low grade goodies- only posting here till 5pm today.  
Offered separately as priced below, or as a 10 book lot for $1200 (shipping included on the lot purchase only).  
Enjoy! 

Payments accepted- Paypal, Venmo, Zelle and check.  Checks must clear before books are sent.
Shipping to US only.  All books shipped USPS Priority with tracking numbers for 12.50.  I will combine shipping. 
NO RETURNS - These are low to lower mid grade books- don't expect anything else.  I've listed the obvious defects and provided a while card in most of the photos to give idea of paper color.  Feel free to ask questions or request more photos.   
However, if I've missed anything major in my description I'll take the book back- I'm not a monster!

Edited by Black Bat

Mysterious Adventures 18  $242

Obvious Defect- Cover taped to book in 5 places.  Front and back covers are well worn- like a comfortable pair of Levis!  There's plenty of chips wrinkles folds scratches dents etc, but no large pieces missing or big tears.  A great reader, the book is complete with nice paper covered with awesome art and ink.  This book has been well loved- and has plenty more to give!  

IMG_1061.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1062.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1063.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1068.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1069.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1075.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1069.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Chilling Tales #13  $143

This book has no back cover.  Front Cover is taped to book, and has piece missing from top right corner.  Otherwise nice colors, reasonably flat and smooth, and interior is a complete and supple reader that you can share with your friends.  

One of my all time favorite books!  I've probably read it 10 times.  Screaming Skull story is classic, as is Matt Fox's  "The Hand Of Glory!"  This book always in demand, and raw copies are very hard to come by, especially raw copies that are solid readers.  
Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. 

IMG_0953.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0955.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0965.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0957.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0962.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0963.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0961.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0956.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0958.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Fantastic 8  $245

Obvious defects- About 2 inches of bug chew (?) near center of spine, goes through cover and a few pages, 1 3/4" lower spine split, tanning interior covers.
Otherwise cover is tightly attached and book is complete supple flat colorful and readable.  

IMG_0984.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0985.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0986.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0987.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0988.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0989.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0990.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0991.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0993.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Chamber Of Chills 10  $157

This is a super solid mid grade book.  Obvious defect is general spine wear, which includes a 1/2" back cover staple tear on the lower staple, and maybe an 1/8" split at bottom spine. Top right corner has faint fold lines, but otherwise this book is flat smooth colorful complete with fun stories and rich interior inks.  I think this cover is super under rated, and the Cave Of Doom splash is a classic.  

IMG_0969.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0970.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0971.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0973.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0980.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0972.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0974.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0976.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0982.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0983.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Out Of The Night 11   $72

Obvious defect- approx 1" tear through entire book on top edge at the A of "SUPERNATURAL". Quarter inch tear/abrasion bottom spine corner. Back cover has 3 edge tears, largest is about 3/4".  Otherwise cover well attached, book is supple flat colorful and complete.  This series is definitely under rated in the PCH world- great stories.  

IMG_1048.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1049.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1050.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1053.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1059.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1055.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1058.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1051.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

Mysterious Adventures 3   $148

Obvious defects- It seems the book was exposed to dampness that gave both covers and first and last two pages a gritty kind of feel and tanned look. The first page looks down right dirty- mold?  But beyond these pages, the interior has great color and nice pages.  Book has pronounced impact on lower left corner, tears along the bottom edge, the largest is about 3/4".  Cover is attached at both staples, and there is a 1/2" split top of spine.  Back cover has similar wear to the front.  A great reader, this title has a reputation for great art and stories and this one did not disappoint.  The splash for "Anger Of The Devil" is particularly weird.

IMG_1076.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1077.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1085.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1087.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1088.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1078.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1081.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

4 Book Lot - $297

What do these 4 PCH books have in common, other than being freaking awesome?  They all have detached covers!!  Yay!  :banana:

Although covers are detached, they all present well with no major visible flaws, which makes them look great in Mylar!

Suspense #13 - 1 inch scrape/tear top edge near spine and 2 inch ish corner fold top right.  Back cover shows about a 1 inch chip missing at center of spine.  Otherwise a beautiful cover with gloss and rich color, interior is complete, solid and readable with rich inks and awesome stories and art.  

Adventures Into Weird Worlds #26 - 2 inch tear top edge of back cover, interior cover tan, but another solid reader.  Check out "The Robot That Hated!".

Strange Tales #4 - This book's cover was entirely split in half and has been taped together.  But cover colors look like rich glossy enamel.  Chips missing from top edge. Page paper going brittle along edges but book is still comfortably readable.  

Strange Mysteries #19 - This book is the most worn looking of the lot but has no missing pieces.  Page inks were given a light ink strike, but this issue has killer Jack Kamen style GGA in all the stories. Actually, I've read that this could be Matt Baker art but not certain.  Great story about an invisible, murderous, match-making imp whose hear is apparently in the right place.  

IMG_1100.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1015.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1016.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1020.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0915.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0916.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0918.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1015.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1016.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1020.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1041.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1042.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1043.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_1030.jpeg

Edited by Black Bat

On 7/4/2022 at 3:15 AM, Black Bat said:

Chamber Of Chills 10  $157

This is a super solid mid grade book.  Obvious defect is general spine wear, which includes a 1/2" back cover staple tear on the lower staple, and maybe an 1/8" split at bottom spine. Top right corner has faint fold lines, but otherwise this book is flat smooth colorful complete with fun stories and rich interior inks.  I think this cover is super under rated, and the Cave Of Doom splash is a classic.  

IMG_0969.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0970.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0971.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0973.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0980.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0972.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents