• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago is DEAD! Long Live Fan Expo Chicago... A Sales Thread - CLOSED
2 2

31 posts in this topic

This weekend is the dawn of a new era. Gone is Wizard World Chicago... the horrendous show that Wizard drove into the ground year after year for the past decade. In its place comes Fan Expo, the new owners of this once great convention in Chicago.  I'm hopeful they bring it back to its former glory!

I had the pleasure of attending the show today and have picked up a ton of EXCLUSIVES. The majority of these books are Chicago exclusives that were introduced at the show and cannot be purchased anywhere else.

This is NOT a presale. All books are in hand. You also have a guarantee that anything posted here in this thread is also exclusive to this thread. If I have multiple copies, some may be listed separately on other venues.

As with every time I run a Chicago convention exclusives sale, expect a large mix of books. Everything has been hand-picked so I could pull the best copies. Grades will be noted for each book, but will be NM or better in just about all cases.

As far as I know, I've purchased every exclusive that the show has to offer. If there's something you don't see, or a book that I've sold out of, I'm happy to take requests. Note that I should be attending the show again on Sunday morning.

Terms:
First unconditional :takeit: by timestamp wins, whether in the thread or in PM. I will post the timestamp of any winning PM should a conflict arise.

I will absolutely NOT sell to anyone on probation or on the HOS list. I reserve the right to withhold sales to any member currently being discussed in the probation thread.

Payment:
PayPal, Zelle, CashApp, Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, and Personal Checks all accepted. I wait 10 days for any form of paper payment to clear.
Want to pay in Cryptocurrency? I can make it happen.

Shipping:
Priority Mail Shipping to the US is a flat $8. International shipping is at cost.

I generally ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment.

Local pickup in the Chicagoland area, but you have to come towards me. (Southwest suburbs)

Returns:
Returns on RAW books are accepted within a 10 day period of delivery.

Edited by masterlogan2000

RECAP!!!

Page 1
$50 - Batman #251 (Fan Expo Chicago) - 7 Copies Available
$75 - Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Summer Surf Party #1 (Fan Expo Chicago 50 Years variant) - 7 Copies Available - Limited to 250!
$50 - Good Boy (Vol 2) #1 (Fan Expo Chicago) - 3 Copies Available - Limited to 200!
$80 - Power Hour #1 (Cosplay) Trade and Virgin Set - Limited to 100 and 50!
$80 - Power Hour #1 (Tyndall) Trade and Virgin Set - Limited to 100 and 50!
$65 - Amazing Spider-man (2022) #1 (Fan Expo Sketch) - Limited to 1500!
$30 - Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago) - 2 Copies Available
$50 - Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago, Naughty Virgin) - 2 Copies Available
$150 - Zombie Tramp #56 & Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago Connecting Covers - Naughty Virgin) - Limited to 75!
$250 - Zombie Tramp #56 & Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago Connecting Covers - Nice Trade) - Limited to 25!

Page 2
$35 - Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 (Fan Expo Foil) - 2 Copies Available
$65 - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Fan Expo Foil) - 2 Copies Available
$125 - Daughters of Eden #1 (Poison Ivy Fan Expo Dallas Metal Cover) - Limited to 25!

To reiterate and emphasize...

As is a common theme amongst many of these books, not only are ALL books listed IN HAND now... but the majority of what I have listed has been hand picked to get the best copies possible. All of the images are my own scans and not stock photos. In some cases, I may have multiple copies where I may sell a portion on other venues. Know that my BEST copies will always be listed here EXCLUSIVELY on these boards in this sales thread (and for cheaper prices too!). Any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

Featuring a Jamie Tyndall cover, this Archie variant showcases the 50 Years of Chicago Comic Con.  Limited to only 250 copies total!

$75 - Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Summer Surf Party #1 (Fan Expo Chicago 50 Years variant) - 8 7 Copies Available
NM+

bvff-f-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

bvff-r-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

More Jamie Tyndall goodness.  (You'll see a lot of him in this thread.)

$80 - Power Hour #1 (Tyndall) Trade and Virgin Set - MOVED
Trade Limited to 100 Copies, Virgin Limited to 50 Copies

NM+

Spoiler

powerhour1-tyndall-f-fanexpo-20220708.jp

Back Cover

Spoiler

powerhour1-tyndall-r-fanexpo-20220708.jp

Spoiler

powerhour1-tyndallvirgin-f-fanexpo-20220

Back Cover

Spoiler

powerhour1-tyndallvirgin-r-fanexpo-20220

On 7/9/2022 at 1:04 AM, masterlogan2000 said:

These next two books are some of the most limited in terms of print runs for ASM books.

Limited to 3000

$40 - Amazing Spider-man (2022) #1 (Fan Expo Color) - 2 Copies Available
NM+

asm2022-1-f-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

asm2022-1-r-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

I’ll take 1 copy. 

Gonna sneak this one in here, as it was sold at the official Fan Expo booth at the show.  It's a Fan Expo Dallas book from 2014.  I believe I grabbed the last copy early Friday morning.

$50 - Amazing Spider-man (2014) #1 (Stan Lee, Fan Expo Dallas) - SOLD!
NM+

Spoiler

asm2014-1-f-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

SOLD!

On 7/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, kirkforaday said:
On 7/9/2022 at 1:04 AM, masterlogan2000 said:

These next two books are some of the most limited in terms of print runs for ASM books.

Limited to 3000

$40 - Amazing Spider-man (2022) #1 (Fan Expo Color) - 2 Copies Available
NM+

asm2022-1-f-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

asm2022-1-r-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

I’ll take 1 copy. 

^^

The next two posts will be sold as sets.  These are probably the hottest books of the show, mostly because of how limited they were.  Each set was limit 1 per person per day, though these are completely SOLD OUT now.

Naughty sets were limited to 75 copies.  (Don't let the 6/22 fool you.  That's manufactured/printed on the book and is not a statement about the print run, even though it looks like it.)

$150 - Zombie Tramp #56 & Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago Connecting Covers - Naughty Virgin) - MOVED
NM+

Spoiler

zombietramp56-connectvirgin-edit-f-fanex

Back Cover

Spoiler

zombietramp56-connectvirgin-r-fanexpo-20

Spoiler

missmeow1-connectvirgin-edit-f-fanexpo-2

Back Cover

Spoiler

missmeow1-connectvirgin-r-fanexpo-202207

There are a lot more Zombie Tramp fans out there than what was produced with this print run.  Limited to only 25 copies!  SOLD OUT AT THE SHOW!

$250 - Zombie Tramp #56 & Miss Meow #1 (Fan Expo Chicago Connecting Covers - Nice Trade) - MOVED
NM+

Spoiler

zombietramp56-connect-f-fanexpo-20220708

Back Cover

Spoiler

zombietramp56-connect-r-fanexpo-20220708

Spoiler

missmeow1-connect-f-fanexpo-20220708.jpg

Back Cover

Spoiler

missmeow1-connect-r-fanexpo-20220708.jpg