• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
2 2

204 posts in this topic

Well, here we go again!!! :headbang:

I have listed some raw comics from an earlier thread, as well as some stuff I recently picked up.  Lots of drek here, but there's War, Horror, Funnies, and the usual superhero stuff.  There are some odds and ends as well, even a few periodicals I've never seen before.  There will even be some Atlas/Seaboard comic books that feature works by well-known comic contributors.  I've come into some Disney comic books from the 1970's by Gold Key.  A bunch of them are Whitman variants.  There are a few more Marvel/DC books, as well as some comics with detached covers.  Plenty of drek to go around!!!

Rules, for Godsake!!! :facepalm:

No HOSers or Probies...NO EXCEPTIONS!!  You'll know if you're on my short ignore list too. :shy:

First :takeit: trumps PM negotiations.  I normally don't sell high-end stuff, so time payments aren't likely.  We'll discuss it in PM.

Payment methods accepted are personal/cashiers check, money order, or PayPal.  Personal checks have to clear before I ship, and other paper payments need to arrive in my hot hands. (thumbsu

I normally don't do invoices...I keep track of my sales personally.  This thread won't be very big, so payment is expected within 48 hours of the final listing (you'll know when). :foryou:

U.S. Shipping only (I know, I know).  I will, however, ship to a stateside intermediary, if a buyer has one, for a nominal fee.  PM me for details. B|

I will ship via Media Mail (if desired) for free, up to 5 comics.  Anything more 5 comics will be shipped First Class or Priority at buyer's expense.  I get decent discounts through Pirateship, so you won't get soaked on shipping costs.  I might even give a further discount to buyers.  You won't know until you know. lol

NO RETURNS, unless something catastrophic happens in-transit.  Then you'd better provide some photos of any damage before I'll work with you.  I haven't had an incident in maybe a year...shipping companies have improved, IMO. (thumbsu

Offers are always welcome, but a lot of the drek I'm listing is already pretty cheap so I may not bend much, if at all.  Others...who knows.  You won't know until you PM me. 😃

BC01A97E-27BE-43BE-B7A0-532FB7B3EEF0.jpeg

Edited by Galen130

Thread recap will be continuously updated.  Please keep in mind that all FREE comics come with a purchase.  I prefer one freebie per buyer, but PM me with any specific request. (thumbsu

PAGE 1

• Amazing Spider-Man #140.............................................................................$25
  • Arrgh! #2 to #4................................................................................................$30 (lot price); $10, $15, $15 for each respectively
  • Arion, Lord of Atlantis #4 (direct).....................................................................FREE
  • Batman Annual #5 (Summer 1963).................................................................$22
  • Battlefield Action #68.......................................................................................$4
  • Beetle Bailey #104...........................................................................................$3
  • Brave and the Bold #91....................................................................................$4

PAGE 2

• Capt. Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders #7 (Ben Grimm, pre-Thing)..........$10
  • Creatures on the Loose #33..............................................................................$5
  • Creepy Things #3, Charlton Comics..................................................................$12
  • The Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1 (direct).........................................$15
  • The Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #3 (direct).........................................$4
  • Dennis the Menace Giant #23 TPB (In Hollywood)...........................................$8
  • Dennis the Menace Giant #35 TPB (Christmas Special)..................................$7
  • The Destructor #1, Atlas Comics/Seaboard Periodicals...................................$12
  • Detective Comics #343.....................................................................................$9
  • Detective Comics #355.....................................................................................$25
  • Detective Comics #404, classic Neal Adams cover..........................................$55 O.B.O

PAGE 3

• Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom #15 (Gold Key).................................................$5
  • The Eternals Annual #1, classic Jack Kirby.......................................................$20
  • Fantastic Four #164..........................................................................................FREE
  • Fear #31 (Adventure into).................................................................................$10
  • Fightin’ Air Force #39........................................................................................FREE
  • Fightin’ Army #140, classic WWII cover............................................................$3
  • Freedom Fighters #4........................................................................................$3
  • The Frogmen #3 (Frazetta partial pencils)........................................................$5
  • The Frogmen #6...............................................................................................$4
  • Ghostly Haunts #36 & #37 (Charlton Comics)..................................................$8 (for the pair)
  • Ghost Rider #60 (direct)...................................................................................$6
  • Ghost Rider #79 (newsstand)...........................................................................$4
  • Ghost Stories #16 (Dell Comics).......................................................................$5

PAGE 4

• 2nd print copy of G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero #19......................................FREE
  • G.I. War Tales #2, Dinosaur cover (Neal Adams reprints).................................$7
  • Green Lantern #119...........................................................................................$3
  • The Human Fly #1 & #2.....................................................................................$25 (lot price)($20 and $10 each respectively)
  • Incredible Hulk lot...............................................................................................individual prices on pg. 4 LOT SALE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
  • Journey Into Mystery #5 (2nd series)(Robert Block adapt.)...............................$4
  • Journey into Mystery #17 (2nd series)(reprints).................................................$10
  • Kamandi, The Last Boy On Earth #23...............................................................$3
  • Ka-Zar #1 (1970 series)(1st Ka-Zar stand-alone story comic)...........................$7
  • Kull and the Barbarians #2.................................................................................$12
  • The Legend of Wonder Woman #1 (newsstand)................................................$5
  • The Legion of Super-Heroes #297 (direct).........................................................$3
  • Man-Bat #1 (reprints).........................................................................................$4
  • Man-Thing #5 (2nd series).................................................................................$3
  • The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #53 (Steve Ditko works)...........................$8
  • Marvel and DC Present, Featuring Uncanny X-Men & New Teen Titans #1......$5
  • Marvel Chillers #5 (Tigra)...................................................................................$5
  • Marvel Chillers #6 (Tigra).................................................................................. $5

PAGE 5

• Marvel Fanfare #1 to #9.....................................................................................$60 (lot price)(individual prices on pg. 5)
  • Marvel Premiere #61 (newsstand).....................................................................$10
  • Marvel Spotlight #7 (2nd series), Frank Miller cover..........................................$18
  • Marvel Tales #103 (1979)...................................................................................$4
  • Master of Kung Fu #17 (1st self-titled story)(1st Black Jack Tarr)......................$30
  • Metal Men #43 (reprint)......................................................................................$4
  • Monsters on the Prowl #10 (Steve Ditko cover pencils).....................................$8
  • Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #31 (Charlton Comics)....................................$4
  • The New Teen Titans Annual #1 (George Perez works)....................................$6
  • Nukla #4 (Steve Ditko works)............................................................................$4
  • The Omega Men #6...........................................................................................$4

PAGE 6

• Our Fighting Forces #141 to #143 (The Losers)...............................................$12 (lot price); $6 (each copy)
  • Our Fighting Forces #159 (Jack Kirby works)(Jeweler's insert)........................$25 O.B.O
  • The Phantom Stranger #28 (2nd series)............................................................$4
  • The Phantom #48, Charlton Comics (Volume 5)...............................................$5
  • Planet of Vampires #2 (Atlas/Seaboard)(1st Broderick cover)..........................$4
  • Power Man #20, Gil Kane cover........................................................................$5
  • The Sandman #1 (final Joe Simon & Jack Kirby collaboration)........................$8
  • Sarge Snorkel #14, featuring Beetle Bailey......................................................$3
  • The Scorpion #2 (Atlas/Seaboard)...................................................................$4
  • Secret Romance #40 (Charlton Comics)..........................................................$5
  • Star Wars #6, Whitman reprint.........................................................................$3
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #2 (newsstand).................................................FREE
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #3 (newsstand)................................................FREE
  • Superboy (and the Legion of Super-Heroes) #242.........................................$4

PAGE 7

• Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #161...............................................................$5
  • The Wizard of OZ (The Tales of), Four Color 1308........................................$50 O.B.O
  • Tragg and the Sky Gods #7 (Whitman Publishing).........................................$8
  • The Tomb of Dracula #3 (1st Rachel Van Helsing)........................................$75 O.B.O
  • The True Story of Smokey the Bear, one-shot (1960)....................................$25 O.B.O
  • Twilight Zone #55 (Gold Key Publishing).......................................................$5
  • Twilight Zone #60 (Whitman Publishing)........................................................$8
  • Uncanny X-Men #200 (newsstand)...............................................................$14
  • Werewolf By Night #27 (1st Soul-Beast).......................................................$12
  • What If? #28 (1st series) (direct)(Frank Miller)..............................................$10
  • Where Monsters Dwell #28 (Kirby cover)(reprints)........................................$3

PAGE 8

• Worlds Unknown #3.......................................................................................$4
  • World War Stories #3 (Dell)...........................................................................$3
  • Yogi Bear Birthday Party, Four Color 1271....................................................$5
  • Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea #12, painted cover (2 copies)....................$7 each
  • The Beagle Boys vs. Uncle Scrooge #7 (Whitman variant)...........................$8
  • Chip 'N' Dale #28 (Whitman variant)..............................................................$6
  • Donald Duck #142 (Whitman variant)(detached cover).................................$6
  • Donald Duck #210 (Whitman variant)(reprints)..............................................$8
  • The Funky Phantom #7 (Whitman variant).....................................................$7

PAGE 9

• The Gargoyle #1 (direct)(origin; Wrightson cover)..........................................$8
  • Ghosts #58......................................................................................................$8
  • Gold Key Spotlight #7, Wacky Witch (Whitman variant).................................$8
  • House of Secrets #123 (classic 'melting ice cream head' cover)....................$6
  • Huey, Dewey, and Louie Junior Woodchucks #13, #35, #46 (Whitman)........$12 (lot)
  • The Jungle Twins #9 (Gold Key)(detached cover/wrap missing.....................FREE
  • Little Monsters #17 (Gold Key(cover detached, almost separate)..................FREE
  • Walt Disney Mickey Mouse #160 (Whitman variant)......................................$8
  • Walt Disney Mickey Mouse #198 (Whitman variant)......................................$6
  • Mod Wheels #14 (Whitman)(based on Tower of Power toy)..........................$9
  • OMAC #1 (Jack Kirby)(origin story)...............................................................$10
  • Pink Panther #5 (Whitman)(detached cover).................................................FREE
  • Porky Pig #49 (Whitman variant)...................................................................$7
  • Porky Pig #66 (detached cover).....................................................................FREE
  • Scamp #26 (Whitman variant)(reprints).........................................................$6
  • Sgt. Rock #341 (Joe Kubert)..........................................................................$8
  • Sgt. Rock #342 (Joe Kubert)..........................................................................$12
  • Smokey Bear #9 (Whitman variant)...............................................................FREE
  • Space Family Robinson, Lost in Space on Space Station One #41..............$5

PAGE 10

• Star Trek #23 (Gold Key)(George Wilson painted cover)..............................$12
  • Star Trek #26 (Whitman variant)(George Wilson painted cover)...................$8
  • Star Trek #38 (Gold Key)(George Wilson painted cover)...............................$12
  • Star Trek #44 (Gold Key)(George Wilson painted cover)...............................$10
  • Star Wars #15 (Whitman reprint)....................................................................$5
  • Tom and Jerry #273 (Whitman variant)...........................................................FREE
  • Walt Disney Uncle Scrooge #106 (Whitman variant)......................................$8
  • Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #2 (vol. 36, #422/reprints)(Whitman)........$6
  • Walter Lantz Andy Panda #2 (Gold Key)(reprints)..........................................$5
  • Walter Lantz Andy Panda #11 (Whitman variant)............................................FREE
  • War #35 (Charlton)(reprints)............................................................................$5
  • War #41 (Charlton)(reprints)............................................................................$6
  • War #46 (Charlton)(Giordano)(reprints/low print run)......................................$6
  • Werewolf By Night #3 (Mike Ploog).................................................................FREE
  • The Witching Hour #47 (Nick Cardy cover).....................................................FREE
  • Yogi Bear #5 (Charlton Comics)......................................................................$5
Edited by Galen130

Amazing Spider-Man #140. This issue features the 1st appearance of Gloria Grant, as well as appearances by Grizzly and the Jackal. Marvel Value Stamp #75, Morbius, intact.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages.  This one will benefit from a clean/press.

$25

d051356bd5392c093c534ffa20801494.jpg

3dc1f6c0023df33daff37764e2045483.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #143.  This issue features the 1st appearance of Cyclone, as well as a cameo by the clone of Gwen Stacy.  Apparently, Peter and M.J. share their first kiss. Woot!!!

VG/FN, or better; off-white pages.  Another clean/press candidate.

$15  SOLD TO @kirkforaday

38221d3f32a38cb48ec72c16b11330be.jpg

99adbd70d75fd10618dd3ad874e3309a.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Arrgh! #2 to #4.

I've tried to sell this small run in the past, with no takers.  I purchased them some time ago and I was going to submit them.  Well, I don't sub anymore and I've decided to sell them.  The covers are kind of amusing, and well done.  Plus, they are fun reads.

Buy the lot for $30, or as priced below.

Issue #2:  Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, Wolfman...enough said.  FN-, or better; off-white pages.

$10

Issue #3:  The Mummy and Namor appear.  What???  VF-, or better; off-white pages.

$15

Issue #4:  Television's 'Nightstalker', Dracula, and the Hunchback.  Of course, the names were changed. lol  VF-, or better; off-white pages.

$15

I will provide back cover scans on request...I prefer not to use too much acreage in this thread.  PM me!!! (thumbsu

9182d4f90a6584651ca0bfc852e5896f.jpg

49e3083a91bfa8a51b9221847c378115.jpg

c5bda8002a875520ff212e46e9665ec1.jpg

Edited by Galen130

The Avengers #125. This issue features an appearance by Thanos, along with Black Panther and Scarlet Witch. Marvel Value Stamp #69, Marvel Girl, intact.

FN, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$20  SOLD TO @Dr. Balls!!

367bcfd1854482ab54767b6e87ea35d5.jpg

d1e74229dbc00acf67e22276251d3da3.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Arion, Lord of Atlantis #4. This issue features the origin of Arion.

I'm not going to bother giving a grade estimate on this one...they aren't valuable anyway. There is a lot of staining on the back, including that red 'koolaid' looking stain, which caused moisture damage. Sooooo, this one is....

FREE, with any purchase

f0bd7016b293a421a353b0fe2d5a84b3.jpg

87f871f88ffb980e36e29b13288993b5.jpg

Batman #201. This issue features almost all the Batman characters, including the Joker.

This comic is in rough shape, but it is intact and can be clearly read. There is some interior cover tanning, moisture stains, and a small piece missing from the top of the last page. There is also a small tear at the top of the back cover, along with all that writing along the top near the spine corner. The front cover scan shows a bent lower right corner, but I flattened it out while putting back into the SA bag.

GD, no better; tan to cream pages.

$5  SOLD TO @sevans1979!!!

4f937ad4599d6549a013028e5622ddcb.jpg

da66ebd03fb2e44601251fcda2889d3c.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman #206.  Is Batman going to die in the Electric Chair??!!

This copy is in about the same condition as the listing above, IMO.  The cover is mildly in danger detaching...had to be careful.  It is complete and readable.  It has a nasty spine roll, with moisture damaged covers, and tanning.

GD, no better; tan to cream pages.

$5  SOLD TO @sevans1979!!!

eed61e71c71ae443fea76d5fdafbd528.jpg

682d74fe4bef98ac7b623a259352b386.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Batman Annual #5 (Summer 1963).  This issue features the 1st appearance of Zebra-Man and The Daredevils.

I would call this a reader comic in decent condition.  The scans speak for themselves.  This one was a bit tricky to estimate a grade for.  One thing to note is that the back cover is detached from both staples, but still attached by paper to the front cover.  It was handled delicately.

GD, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$22

466a68cde515b3acc14bfc5e0b18c748.jpg

56e95d6f2f772fe806a532597d4114f1.jpg

Direct edition copy of Batman Annual #8. This issue features appearances by Robin and Ra's & Talia Al Ghul.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages

$5  SOLD TO @kirkforaday

c92aa1640f1c369e0d7ebc7c4a04c5a9.jpg

53d0f47a74331bbc41b3cef549fd7546.jpg

Edited by Galen130

Here is a pseudo-run of Bronze Batman and the Outsiders.  There is an issue gap between issue #10 and issue #13.  I am only attaching scans of certain issues to keep the listing from being to big.  I have more scans, so PM me with requests.

Buy the lot for $45  SOLD TO @ComicDoc!!

1. Batman & the Outsiders #1 (newsstand)--VF-, or better(origin)----------------$12
2. Batman & the Outsiders #2--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
3. Batman & the Outsiders #3--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
4. Batman & the Outsiders #4--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
5. Batman & the Outsiders #5--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
6. Batman & the Outsiders #6 (newsstand)--FN/VF, or better----------------------$4
7. Batman & the Outsiders #7--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
8. Batman & the Outsiders #8--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
9. Batman & the Outsiders #9 (newsstand)---VF, or better--------------------------$5
10. Batman & the Outsiders #10--VF-, or better----------------------------------------$3
11. Batman & the Outsiders #13--FN/VF, or better(Batman origin recap)-------$4
12. Batman & the Outsiders #14--VF, or better-----------------------------------------$4
13. Batman & the Outsiders #15--VF, or better-----------------------------------------$4
14. Batman & the Outsiders #16 (newsstand)--FN/VF, or better(Halo origin)---$3

Edited by Galen130

Battlefield Action #68. This issue contains WWII P.O.W. stories.

This comics defects are pretty much seen in the scans. The biggest issues are the one inch tear on the front cover near the top spine corner, and the small tears and chunks missing from the top of the back cover.

GD/VG, no better; off white pages, with some tanning on a few of the page edges.

$4

34c4c031772bc0ccab9aac171ef465f0.jpg

cb825e611b6015c7442a0d9a4fb1e622.jpg

Beetle Bailey #104.  This issue features an appearance by Sgt. Snorkle.

This book would benefit from a clean and press. The biggest issues are the split spine at the top that affects the first few wraps inside, along with a spine roll. It also looks like there's some residue on the front cover, just a couple inches from the bottom spine corner. I think this will clean off. Otherwise, the comic is complete and can be clearly read.

GD/VG, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$3

c8851a815e3e5554236a12bef6b854b4.jpg

112a14e7160d45e27198cbd2e2c8c5e1.jpg

Black Goliath #3.  This issue features an appearance by Tony Stark.

GD/VG, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$3  SOLD TO @Dr. Balls

8fb03368473d783875b140748ee65f00.jpg

dc2dbdf4626e7217083e02c5c23591b5.jpg

Edited by Galen130