• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone remember the Adventurers?

39 posts in this topic

I remember you Bronty. Youre old school too. I have a beautiful copy that would grade a 9.6 EXCEPT.....some [embarrassing lack of self control] put a pin through the top of it to "display" the book. Christo_pull_hair.gif If you think you have a top flight copy, PM me. Thanks, -J

Nice Bonds! They didnt print that many of those. I have a few copies but theyre mostly . Its strange but i can still pick these up for a few bucks each. I always buy them because were pack rats, but i remember back in the day (1986) when this book was selling for 50-60 bucks!

I enjoyed the 1st series because of how well written it was and the second series was great until its abrupt and incomplete ending. The 3rd series was so rushed and obvious that they wanted to quickly tie everything together and end it probably due to poor sales. I was very disappointed. Not only that but they left it INCOMPLETE and they never continued the story. Unbelievable.

i'm pretty sure a shop i go to occasionally has a stack of those in the bargain bin

had this thread existed 3 months ago...oh well. they're all pretty well pawed over now. they were in nice shape then. bummer. i just ignored them. some of this obscure modern stuff i just don't know anything about, and neither do some of these shops.

I enjoyed the 1st series because of how well written it was and the second series was great until its abrupt and incomplete ending. The 3rd series was so rushed and obvious that they wanted to quickly tie everything together and end it probably due to poor sales. I was very disappointed. Not only that but they left it INCOMPLETE and they never continued the story. Unbelievable.

I have been looking on ebay from time to time for the whole set but never got around to actually buying. Good thing I didn't if the story never ended. I do remember when the first issue of #1 came out. There were two covers sitting side by side at the comic shop. I thought about it long and hard and bought one of each (not 9.8 worthy btw).

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Dan

Image?

3294_4_08.jpg

the colours look better in-hand than this img, btw. at least on my copy they do.

haven't thought about this book in a while

the adventurers were alright but i liked THE REALM better. cloud9.gif

that is also some good stuff. word of warning; the spines on the TBPs - the first prints, at any rate - will flake off colour faster than a dandruffy scalp

I collected the Realm but never actually read them. I was a 14 year old speculator at the time i guess. smirk.gif

read the series is good ol fun. thumbsup2.gif as for being a spec? at least you admitted to it. hi.gif BTW, issue number 4 of the realm has the first appearence of deadwolrd with art by vincent locke. cloud9.gif