• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #162 CGC 9.4 CHEAP!!!

30 posts in this topic

When I see something like that, it makes me seriously evaluate the reasoning in pursuing 9.6/9.8 copies which run 10-20X more.

Yeah, but that's OW to W, and high-grade collectors pay significantly less for Cream page quality. I'd say $100-$125 for that particular copy.

Sure the anal collectors may care, but there are many out there who aren't so concerend about PQ more than the 9.4 CGC grade. And that book is hot right now due to the Wendigo tie-in to Hulk 181. And consider the movie hype too. No less than $150 IMHO. We should keep an eye on the flip if it occurs..........

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

>>Sure the anal collectors may care, but there are many out there who aren't so concerend about PQ more than the 9.4 CGC grade.

I agree totally, but it still comes back to price. I'm not a page quality freak, but I won't pay the same for a CGC 9.4 Cream vs a 9.4 OW. That's just logical.

I agree totally, but it still comes back to price. I'm not a page quality freak, but I won't pay the same for a CGC 9.4 Cream vs a 9.4 OW. That's just logical.

I agree too. I'm just thinking of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who buy the grade not the book. And we know how many of those types are out there. That 9.4 OW/W went for $202.50, so I don't think $150 is too far off for a C/OW considering it's 2 notches down on the PQ scale. Having said that, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for that POS book regardless of the PQ. wink.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

There may be some logic to it. There has been mention that a 9.4 with CR-OW may have a better overall structure than a 9.4 with better pages. If this is true, it would be a matter of preference.

>>There may be some logic to it. There has been mention that a 9.4 with CR-OW may have a better overall structure than a 9.4 with better pages. If this is true, it would be a matter of preference.

I have seen no evidence of this, and put it right up there with other Urban Legends. Be careful of buying based on this flawed premise, as even the CGC advocates who support this theory admit that the Page Quality only counts for infinitesimal grade increments, along the lines of 0.1 or 0.05.

Hardly what I'd call a game-breaking difference, and personally I think PQ affects the grade by an even 0.000%. grin.gif

Well, luckily none of this affects me.

Like you, I buy based on appearance, and ESPECIALLY colors and gloss. I've had CGC 9.2's and 9.4's of the same book, and have dumped the 9.4's because I believed the 9.2 looked nicer, and was more strictly graded. As for page quality, I just prefer O-W minimum because of the rate of deterioration. Naturally, better page quality will last longer in the right storage conditions.

>>Like you, I buy based on appearance, and ESPECIALLY colors and gloss. I've had CGC 9.2's and 9.4's of the same book, and have dumped the 9.4's because I believed the 9.2 looked nicer,

Excellent decision, and when buying, trading and flipping CGC comics, use your own judgement on what is a quality comic and what is not. That'll really come in handy during Slab Wars: Attack of the CGC Clones. grin.gif

I'm just wondering what these issues of Hulk (139 -162) will go for a year from now, when the moviemania has settled down. Are these books (Hulk Annual #1 for $400+, #142 for $200+) really good deals? It wasn't that long ago when you couldn't give these books away.