• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MGM's DRAGO Rocky/Creed spin-off film (TBD)

9 posts in this topic

A new Creed spinoff titled Drago, from screenwriter Robert Lawton, is in development at MGM, we can confirm. When contacted by Deadline, the studio had no comment.

Details as to the film’s plot are being kept under lock and key. But we hear that it will center on the Russian boxer of the same name, portrayed by Dolph Lundgren—previously seen in 1985’s Rocky IV and 2018’s Creed II—as well as his son Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu), previously seen only in Creed II.

The Creed franchise launched in 2015 is a spinoff to Sylvester Stallone’s sports franchise Rocky, launched with the iconic 1976 film of the same name. Michael B. Jordan stars as Apollo Creed’s son Adonis and is reprising the role in the upcoming Creed 3—having also directed the pic slated for release on November 23.

I think enough Drago for me in Creed 2.

Far enough with the second generation storyline there.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, paperheart said:

Sylvester Stallone Says Irwin Winkler & Family Are “Sucking Rocky Dry,” Depicts Producer As Blood-Sucking Vampire — Update

https://deadline.com/2022/07/sylvester-stallone-slams-rocky-producer-irwin-winkler-drago-spinoff-movie-1235081813/

It even led to some back and forth between Stallone and Dolph Lundgren.

Lundgren just assumed Stallone was involved, and contacted him afterwards to cool things down.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, paperheart said:

Sylvester Stallone Says Irwin Winkler & Family Are “Sucking Rocky Dry,” Depicts Producer As Blood-Sucking Vampire — Update

https://deadline.com/2022/07/sylvester-stallone-slams-rocky-producer-irwin-winkler-drago-spinoff-movie-1235081813/

I had no idea that Stallone didn't have the rights to "Rocky".  I always thought that since he created "him" he owned him.  Learn something new everyday.