• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAPER GIRLS - 2022 Series on Amazon Prime
1 1

31 posts in this topic

My wife and I finally got to this series (we constantly have a backlog of shows to watch).  we're 6 episodes in, and so far it's been really good!

I hope they can find some place to make season 2.  I read that releasing it 2 weeks after Stranger Things plus a total lack of advertising killed the show, and that's a shame.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, Pete Marino said:

My wife and I finally got to this series (we constantly have a backlog of shows to watch).  we're 6 episodes in, and so far it's been really good!

I hope they can find some place to make season 2.  I read that releasing it 2 weeks after Stranger Things plus a total lack of advertising killed the show, and that's a shame.

The Stranger Things definitely didn't help but then I got switched over to watching She-Hulk then Game of Thrones which led to Lord of the Rings.  I only got through a couple episodes of Paper Girls and said I wanted to go back and never did.  Sorry guys for getting it cancelled.

On 9/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, drotto said:

I was going to get around to it.  Is season one even worth the watch now?

KInda same question.  If the single season is contained enough within itself, I'd still watch it, but if it ends on a cliffhanger or something, I probably wouldn't.  

On 9/15/2022 at 9:22 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I can't believe they cancelled this show, what a lack of vision. :facepalm:

All the streaming services are facing harsh monetary realities.  So anything that us niche is toast.  If is not bringing subs it is gone.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, drotto said:

All the streaming services are facing harsh monetary realities.  So anything that us niche is toast.  If is not bringing subs it is gone.

I hope they shop the show on another platform.  It was too good to let die.