• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"EVIL" on Paramount+

10 posts in this topic

Really liked the first season.  Could not finish the second season.  I have 1 episode left for a long time now.  It just got too weird in a bad way and almost non sensical way (I do generally like weird stuff).

I agree. I really enjoyed the first season which is free on Prime. Signed up for Paramount for two months at .99 cents per, so I could watch the next two seasons and got turned off by season 2. I'm halfway thru season 3 and in no rush to watch it.  I'm not sure what went wrong as season 1 was great.

Just binge watched season three after the last episode finally dropped.

This show is a trip. The evil guys are gleefully having all the fun, while the good guys spiral down in ever diminishing circles.

I think the lead actress is terrific.

Looking forward to the next season.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:57 PM, pemart1966 said:

It's evil that Evil is on Paramount + and not on regular TV...

The first season was on CBS regular.  I think with the darker, and just often twisted material of season 2, it would be a bit too much for traditional broadcast TV.  Being streaming give them a lot more freedom.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:17 AM, drotto said:

The first season was on CBS regular.  I think with the darker, and just often twisted material of season 2, it would be a bit too much for traditional broadcast TV.  Being streaming give them a lot more freedom.

American Horror Story is pretty twisted...

On 8/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, pemart1966 said:

American Horror Story is pretty twisted...

That is not standard network TV, and cable shows get more leeway then aired network shows, which are subject to the full range of FCC regulations.  Things like FX, TNT, etc are not subject to the same standards. So Evil on CBC had many more rules it had to follow.

Edited by drotto