• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE: FedEx wins. Package Found.
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 6:08 PM, Phill the Governor said:

The delivery guy came back and redelivered it. He apologized and said he was rushing and it was safely in the lobby (past the locked front door) of the joined building next door. Then I hugged him took the package and was on my way.

So he got a hug whether his intentions were good or not. If it's what happened he'll feel good because I'm genuinely appreciative of the effort to track it back down. If he had nefarious intentions, that hug was incredibly awkward for him. Either way, persistence and kindness prevailed.

I find kindness goes a lot farther than being rude. Helped me out greatly when I used to travel a lot for work. Especially when flights were cancelled. Can’t tell you how many times a gate or airline agent would tell an irate customer that there was nothing they could do to get them on another flight that day. All I had to do when it was my turn in line, was smile and acknowledge they were doing the best they could under the circumstances, and magically an open seat appeared on another flight home. 

On 8/8/2022 at 6:41 PM, joeypost said:

I find kindness goes a lot farther than being rude. Helped me out greatly when I used to travel a lot for work. Especially when flights were cancelled. Can’t tell you how many times a gate or airline agent would tell an irate customer that there was nothing they could do to get them on another flight that day. All I had to do when it was my turn in line, was smile and acknowledge they were doing the best they could under the circumstances, and magically an open seat appeared on another flight home. 

+1

I despise shopping at brick and mortar and seeing some of the customers abuse the employees.  Over the years I have thought that my intolerance of customers behaving badly was a product of my growing older.  I see many teenagers and younger people that do not want to work at that service level (restaurants, chain stores, mom and pops) because they come to work to work and not be abused.   I often believe that is one of the reasons that we see so many places desperately seeking to hire people.   I see the videos posted of passengers on airplanes behaving badly.  I definitely sympathize with the crews. 

When I last went to Ralph's (Italian Ice for everyone else) there was a guy viciously talking down to the girl behind the counter who was probably around 15 because they ran out of a flavor.   This was a guy that had kids of his own with him.  I mean come on. 

However, when a Fed Ex guy signs for packages and leaves them elsewhere and as I've said before, contained my Dad's medication.  Yeah, that's a problem and he should not expect an understanding pat on the back that it will be okay.