• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting CGC graded books for pressing

9 posts in this topic

I sent in my first batch of comics. Three came back with light cover bends in the grader notes that set the grades to 8.5, 9.0 & 9.0. Would it be worth it to resubmit them to CGC requesting they be pressed? 

What is your definition of 'worth it'? and how would any random internet stranger be able to determine if it was 'worth it' for you based on the information that you've provided?

On 8/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, jelundy said:

I sent in my first batch of comics. Three came back with light cover bends in the grader notes that set the grades to 8.5, 9.0 & 9.0. Would it be worth it to resubmit them to CGC requesting they be pressed? 

But also, I say that its worth it based on the information that you've provided.

A quality 3rd party presser is likley best option. 

The question you need to ask yourself is possibly bumping up 8.5, 9.0 & 9.0 to 9.0,9.2,9.2 worth it on the books? Then ask what if one or more does not get a bump up, is it worth it? Then ask yourself is it better to allocate the funds for pressing and re-grading on something else? 

As for myself I try never to throw good money after bad and "let it go"

Edited by MAR1979

MAR1979, that is a good way of looking at it. It's a gamble that probably does not pay off in the long run. I'm going with your advice. I am new to the comic collectable marketplace and it is like the wild west. If a movie or series comes out, the book triples in value. When the movie is out of the theaters, it drops in price. Regardless, it is a buyer's market right now with inflation as it is. Maybe I just hang on to what I have and store it away for another 30 years :) 

I would sell ff there were a price satisfactory to both parties. These are the ten I just graded.

Incredible Hulk 449 - 9.6 WHITE
Infinity Gauntlet 1 - 9.8 WHITE
Marvel Super-Heroes v2 #8 - 9.8 WHITE
New Mutants 98 - 9.6 WHITE
Scud: The Disposable Assassin 1 - 9.0 WHITE (this one was flawless!)
Spawn 1 5/92 - 9.0 WHITE
Web of Spider-Man 11 - 8.5 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 361 - 9.2 WHITE
Uncanny X-Men 266 - 9.0 WHITE
X-Men Annual 14 - 9.0 WHITE

Edited by jelundy