• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thrilling comics #54
2 2

10 posts in this topic

The book has a 2.5 inch spine split on the top and a chunk out that measures 1/2 inch wide by 1 1/2 inches long., but tapers at the bottom. The missing piece is in the upper left hand corner from just above "Thrilling" and extending down to just below the top of the ten cent circle where it ends. There is also a small piece of a post-it-note securing the loose piece. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this book.

Thrilling_56_front_cover_large.JPG

Thrilling_56_back_cover.JPG

Thrilling_56_Inside_front.JPG

Thrilling_56_Inside_back.JPG

Thrilling_56_closeup_front.JPG

Thrilling_56_closeup_inside_front.JPG

On 8/15/2022 at 12:18 PM, fast eddie said:

Wow,,,,, I like that book,,,,,, I think a 4.5 is a solid grade for it,,,,,,,maybe a 5?

I'm thinking the book could go anywhere from 3.5 to 5.0. I have been looking for the same issue for years, but they don't come up often and when they do they tend to be really low grade.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:57 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I'm thinking the book could go anywhere from 3.5 to 5.0. I have been looking for the same issue for years, but they don't come up often and when they do they tend to be really low grade.

Agree, anywhere from 3.5 to 5.5 but looks much better, didn’t I read cgc will now give a blue label and not even mention tape on the label anymore?

On 8/15/2022 at 10:12 PM, grendelbo said:

A 2.5" spine split is going to knock the grade down to 2.0, IMO. I suppose it could get a slight GA bump.

Thanks for sharing.

I hope that's not the case. I did find a recent sale of a 4.0 CGC copy. This copy has a small hole in the front cover and perhaps some spine roll from the looks of the back cover.

Thrilling_54_CGC40_front.jpeg

Thrilling_54_CGC40_frontLARG.jpg

Thrilling_54_CGC40_back.jpeg