• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Investing Question... FF1, X-men1, ASM1, Avengers1? SO MANY CHOICES

38 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 9:01 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

They all look like a mess except Hulk 2 and Hulk 2 is not Hulk 1. You may like owning it at first but my guess you will at some point say what did I do. Buy something that has at minimum nice enough eye appeal. And if you can't afford such a copy I would just learn to live without that book.

Agreed.  Buying none of them and saving more $ for a better condition copy is always an option...

On 8/17/2022 at 1:35 PM, KirbyJack said:

You will love owning Fantastic Four #1! Congratulations!

And the bonus JIM issue is a keeper, too. It may not be a real prototype, but Xemnu is a significant, recurring Marvel baddie. Plus, pre-hero Marvels just rule.

Couldnt afford both sadly! I am selling some keys if i can get it! Theyve price slashed it from $900 to $800 so trying to hustle to buy it!

Just looking at the pics from my phone, hands down I'd go with the certified Avengers #1 and the raw Hulk #2! One to enjoy in the case, one to thumb up! The FF #1 is a big book but that tape staining isn't going to improve with time and may get worse. The coloring on the X-Men #1 is a major turn off for me. Easy choice really. Good luck with your decision! (thumbsu

On 8/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Just looking at the pics from my phone, hands down I'd go with the certified Avengers #1 and the raw Hulk #2! One to enjoy in the case, one to thumb up! The FF #1 is a big book but that tape staining isn't going to improve with time and may get worse. The coloring on the X-Men #1 is a major turn off for me. Easy choice really. Good luck with your decision! (thumbsu

Thank you :) What do you collect - do you have a FF1 youd sell? Where can i put my wants on this forum

On 8/17/2022 at 10:25 AM, JerryBear said:

Couldnt afford both sadly! I am selling some keys if i can get it! Theyve price slashed it from $900 to $800 so trying to hustle to buy it!

Got that in my head wrong, sorry. 

Don’t give up too much for it, tho. Pre-hero Marvels are awesome and kinda scarce, but demand is less. They’re gettable.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:43 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

Or maybe buy a restored copy that has nice eye appeal. I would prefer that over a blue label that does not make me happy.

But restored are hard to move? They have 2 pro restored tos39 that are so nice and well priced that haven’t moved and that’s my worry

Did you buy the FF1.  

I agree with others that saving your money for a nicer copy is always preferable. That said, these books aren't cheap and moving up in grade isn't easy,  so sometimes you gotta take advantage of the opportunity in front of you. 

FF1 is such an awesome book to own. It's a cornerstone book I don't see losing value and the movie hype will help it. 

However you may have a tougher time moving that copy with the partially missing cover and tape.  A collector saving up to buy an FF1 may wait for a nicer copy. 

The X1 is another great book. But that coloring will limit the desirability if you want it as an investment. 

I think of the books there,  the Avengers 1 would be easiest to offload in a pinch. 

So treating it strictly as an investment,   I would grab Avengers 1.  

As a fan, I would probably go with the FF1. It's such an important book to this hobby of ours. 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:13 AM, KCOComics said:

Did you buy the FF1.  

I agree with others that saving your money for a nicer copy is always preferable. That said, these books aren't cheap and moving up in grade isn't easy,  so sometimes you gotta take advantage of the opportunity in front of you. 

FF1 is such an awesome book to own. It's a cornerstone book I don't see losing value and the movie hype will help it. 

However you may have a tougher time moving that copy with the partially missing cover and tape.  A collector saving up to buy an FF1 may wait for a nicer copy. 

The X1 is another great book. But that coloring will limit the desirability if you want it as an investment. 

I think of the books there,  the Avengers 1 would be easiest to offload in a pinch. 

So treating it strictly as an investment,   I would grab Avengers 1.  

As a fan, I would probably go with the FF1. It's such an important book to this hobby of ours. 

I did go for the ff1 the avengers doesn’t seem to be moving for them even at 2600$ so I’m curious why… they’re even accepting offers