• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S NOT-A-CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED!
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Greetings Gang!

After a very busy spring and summer, I'm back! Today I'm offering up two early scarce DC's, More Fun Comics 9 and All-American Comics 9.
This is the first time I've owned either, and the very first copy of More Fun 9 I've seen in 50 years of being a collector.

This time around, I'm taking payment by CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY. If you can't offer payment that way please don't fly the flag.

Oh and yes, I'll be back in a week or two with another  Cornucopia, this time featuring Bitter Disappointments (Pieces and Parts)
and a nice handful of gems, with the usual boilerplate.  

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$9.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$16.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
$16.00 for slabs, double boxed,  shipped Priority. 

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER *ONLY* THIS TIME AROUND!

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

Here we go!

Edited by catrick339

All-American Comics 9, 1939

Tear at upper staple, but cover still firmly attached to back side. VERY light water stain lower LH BC, and there is a 
silverfish nibble here and there along the spine. Nothing major, but there's a little nibble out in a couple spots.
Chip out lower RH BC.

This all being said, it's a flat clean copy, tight with white pages, with a  whiff of gloss left.

Asking $500.  SOLD!

H2oNVDQ.jpg

Vha3ImT.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Oh, what the heck.

One more prewar scarcity, pulled out of the Bitter Disappointments pile.

The Funnies #1, complete cover wrap ***ONLY***, 1936

I'm loving the date stamp on this one. Looks like the lower half of the spine was split at one time, 
the entire spine is now taped along the inside. Bit of general wear, some tiny tears here and there.

Asking $200

YpmapyL.jpg

eFospeW.jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 9:28 AM, catrick339 said:

All-American Comics 9, 1939

Tear at upper staple, but cover still firmly attached to back side. VERY light water stain lower LH BC, and there is a 
silverfish nibble here and there along the spine. Nothing major, but there's a little nibble out in a couple spots.
Chip out lower RH BC.

This all being said, it's a flat clean copy, tight with white pages, with a  whiff of gloss left.

Asking $500

H2oNVDQ.jpg

Vha3ImT.jpg

:takeit: per PM.  Thanks!