• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twisted Metal

16 posts in this topic

https://www.justjared.com/2022/05/20/neve-campbell-will-star-in-tv-adaptation-of-video-game-series-twisted-metal/2/

Neve Campbell

Neve will star in a recurring role, playing the character of Raven opposite Anthony MackieStephanie Beatriz and Thomas Haden Church.

The show comes from Cobra Kai writer Michael Jonathan Smith.

Here's a plot summary: "A half-hour, high-octane action-comedy—based on an original take by Rhett Reese and

Paul Wernick— about a motor-mouthed outsider (Mackie) offered a chance at a better life—but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a trigger-happy car thief (Beatriz), he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck."

The series will be based on the Playstation video game series of the same name.

Edited by The Meta

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/twisted-metal-tv-series-deadpool-writers-1234911825/

This article includes a 4 page insert showing up and coming, from 2019, shows adapted from video games. List includes Witcher and Resident Evil, which have already been released

Noticed they are thinking of a live action Fallout.

I love Fallout, but man, that probably isn't a good idea. Anime or animated would probably be a better vehicle for that...

If you were playing video games in the aughts, chances are you played (or were banned by your parents from playing) a vehicular combat video game called "Twisted Metal." The premise is simple and bombastic enough to bring joy to any trigger-happy tweenager, a demolition derby with souped-up cars featuring machine guns, ballistic projectiles, and even nuclear weaponry. Pick a car, pick a character, and blow s*** up. To be quite honest, "Twisted Metal" is the sort of mindless chaos that seems impossible to adapt to a different medium, but the wild and wonderful weirdos over at Peacock are throwing caution to the wind and delivering a full-octane series of nasty drivers and nonsensical comedy.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

I was a fan of the games, but this looks beyond awful.  Why even release that teaser?  :facepalm:

Agreed.  Who is the target audience here? Because I’m a huge fan of the games and I’m not watching this spoon.  I have serious nostalgia for the first game as I remember it was an early 3D game when 2D gaming was still the norm. 

That entire scene, while I think it fits the campy Twisted Metal universe and I'm still interested in watching it, felt very over-written.

Also found it jarring/pointless to have Will Arnett's voice come out of Samoa Joe's performance...it would have been perfectly serviceable to have Samoa deliver the lines and not be dubbed over just so they can get some more celebrity name recognition on the show; he is a charismatic speaker already and could have delivered a good performance.