• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Returns Website Is Up

29 posts in this topic

Shouldn't this movie be called, "Superman, The Gay Blade"?

All actors who've donned spandex or leather in comic movie adaptions have looked gay. Reeve and maybe Snipes being notable exceptions...

Jim

Actually, what I'm refering to is not the spandex per-se. It's the low-rise briefs, the tiny logo (used to accentuate the lean swimmer's physique) and the giant codpiece. It looks to me like Singer got to fly his freak flag a little with this costume.

After looking at the pix of Superman in costume, I'm concerned. He just doesn't look right. And his Clark Kent looks like a pale imitaion Of Christpher Reeves.I know I'm reading a lot into a couple of pictures but after the great job that was just done with Batman...... I hope I'm wrong.

I hate it when the costumer decides they have to put a new spin on a classic costume. I am really trying to like this costume but I can't. It is not going to keep me away from the movie, but it's one of those arrogant statements from a designer that changes something just because they want to put their spin on things. The raised "S" shield makes no sense on a costume worn underneath a shirt. The low rider briefs are a fad. It makes his torso look longer and actually makes his upper body look smaller. I hate the S belt buckle. It is something you would expect on a cheap Halloween costume.

I have seen the fanboy manipulations of this costume and it make Routh look so much better. The color scheme looks like the evil Superman from III. This thing just screams Hollywood. I just think this costume does not give Superman a sense of authority but one trying to keep up with the latest fashions. They have turned him into a metro-sexual man. I know the agument for the changes is the costume has changed over the years so there isn't a definitive look. I would say after 60+ years, it has been refined to the point that we know what the look is. The only thing I would change on the costume would be a tapered cape much like the Roman Soldiers wore and the one Jim Lee drew. It is subtle but doesn't change the basics. I like the materials and the cloth of the costume, just don't like the colors and the raised S.

I am going to wait and see how it ties in with the overall theme/tone/design of the rest of the movie. It all appears to be very retro-ish. Not sure I like it as I see it now, but as a whole..who knows. Besides, I love Spacey.

We are used to seeing Smallville FX...this is BIG budget Supe's. I really hope it blends well.

And is it just me or does Clark.. look like Rushmore?

Ze-

Anybody see the 2 New Kong posters? yay.gif

I am going to wait and see how it ties in with the overall theme/tone/design of the rest of the movie. It all appears to be very retro-ish. Not sure I like it as I see it now, but as a whole..who knows. Besides, I love Spacey.

We are used to seeing Smallville FX...this is BIG budget Supe's. I really hope it blends well.

And is it just me or does Clark.. look like Rushmore?

Ze-

Anybody see the 2 New Kong posters? yay.gif

I'm not even sure you clicked the link I supplied. You're very wrapped up in Smallville 'canon' aren't you?

Dingbat is still used today because of people like you.

I'm gonna go see it, but, he just doesn't look super to me.

His body doesn't scream Suerpman. Superman is not just larger than life, he's large. Tall and ripped. Even back before outrageous art took over, he was big.

This guy, he screams AveragemanwithanESSonhischest.

Maybe the rest of the cast is really short and anorexic...