• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mattbird's 2 year Action Comics parade

65 posts in this topic

Metro sold you a book at full Guide that has been apart and Metro never mentioned this fact? How honorable. This book may very well suffer on resale if it's considered restored.

Metro will take the book back if you pay your own money to have it CGC'ed and it comes back restored? How magnanimous of Metro!

In essence, if it comes back restored and you return it, you'll be about $55 poorer than the moment before you walked into Metro, with nothing to show for it (and Metro will have had someone else pay its slabbing fees for this book).

If it comes back blue label and you decide to keep it, you'll have paid over-Guide for the same lower grade book, which doesn't typically sell at over-Guide in this grade.

Such a sweet deal - for Metro.

Metro sold you a book at full Guide that has been apart and Metro never mentioned this fact? How honorable. This book may very well suffer on resale if it's considered restored.

Metro will take the book back if you pay your own money to have it CGC'ed and it comes back restored? How magnanimous of Metro!

In essence, if it comes back restored and you return it, you'll be about $55 poorer than the moment before you walked into Metro, with nothing to show for it (and Metro will have had someone else pay its slabbing fees for this book).

If it comes back blue label and you decide to keep it, you'll have paid over-Guide for the same lower grade book, which doesn't typically sell at over-Guide in this grade.

Such a sweet deal - for Metro.

While all the above is true, I don't hold any of it against the store. It's an eyes-wide-open policy, and they have a 7-day return window on books. They are certainly fairer than any other place I''d be buying things from. I'm just getting fed up with having to deal with resto issues on almost every book I look at.

As to the FMV of the book, judging by what I've seen low-grade actions 12-15 go for compared to guide, I'm happy to pay the 4,0 price for what I'd grade a 3.0!

Awesome!

By the way, I have a bunch of low grade books - some with tape, some trimmed, some restored, some missing pages - that I would very much like to dump at unrestored over-Guide prices. How can I contact you? screwy.gif

Awesome!

By the way, I have a bunch of low grade books - some with tape, some trimmed, some restored, some missing pages - that I would very much like to dump at unrestored over-Guide prices. How can I contact you? screwy.gif

perhaps you missed the part where I said I was returning this book for a refund? wink.gif