• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade these?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Found these in my garage. I want to sell but don’t know if I should get them graded first or not. Thoughts? If I end up grading them, should I leave them in their current bags or put them in new bags and boards before sending them in?

Thank you

EE976697-31B6-4B9D-9E52-2ED25A9A14BA.jpeg

F73454F2-1983-4B25-85CB-8D2931A5B6AA.jpeg

Cover look alone, these would be a 1.5 - 1.8 range.  If you plan on sending in soon, keep in the original bags to minimize any breakage.  They have been in so long, what's another week and let the 'pros' remove from the bag.  If you decide to keep, immediately get golden age sized bags and boards.

Nice pre code finds and congrats.  I'm sure people on this board will start offering to buy them...

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, removing them and damaging them further is my biggest concern.

Kind of a weird question but I bought these from an auction about 20 years ago and forgot about them. They came out of the collection of Chris Kattan, the SNL actor. Does having a connection with him, or any celebrity for that matter, make them more desirable or not so much? I’d imagine not but wanted to check.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, comic_memories said:

It would have to be a significant collection, those are just books he got second-hand, and they are not well cared for and low grade. He was born in 1970. If you have proof of the purchase then pass it on to the buyer if your selling them. The right buyer might care.

Cool, thanks. I have the COA saying they’re from his collection somewhere so I’ll keep an eye out for them in case I find a buyer who cares.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:20 AM, dpressim said:

Cover look alone, these would be a 1.5 - 1.8 range.  If you plan on sending in soon, keep in the original bags to minimize any breakage.  They have been in so long, what's another week and let the 'pros' remove from the bag.  If you decide to keep, immediately get golden age sized bags and boards.

Nice pre code finds and congrats.  I'm sure people on this board will start offering to buy them...

I agree with this advice. 

Probably worth having them graded,  but it will take time. 

I don't think being owned by a semi-famous person once, will add any value to the comics. 

Awesome books! Good luck!