• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Grading Contest Starts At Midnight On STL Comics, Over $700 In Prizes

58 posts in this topic

It's like you think you have an invisashield here at CGC where you can preach your web wide warnings about Hammer in your sig but yet you never venture away from CGC to carry out your mission to far reaching boards, if you were a crusader for truth, justice and the American comic way, you should be all over the place making everyone aware of Hammer, not just the people that happen to stroll through the CGC boards.

Google 'comic-keys' and tell me the first link that comes up.

Then tell me that 4,669 unique visits isn't "getting the word out".

It's not like there isn't a single halfbreed on the STL forums that doesn't know what there is to know about this guy. It's not my responsibility to convince anyone that he's a criminal, especially not in a place where the owners, admins and half the members are suckling on the Hammer tit.

By not doing so, every time you make a comment just for the sake of poking STL, you come across like that crusty bum outside my office who always talks to himself about George Bush and stinky feet like he has a personal agenda but no one takes seriously because he’s ALWAYS just outside my office, like you’re ALWAYS here, at CGC, just preaching. Same story a million times over.

You obviously have me confused with someone who isn't a crusty bum. Honestly, I don't care what I sound like, as long as I'm heard.

Look, you have a registered ID at STL, I know you ghost the boards with the invisible ID option, but we can still see you thumbsup2.gif

Yes, I have an ID. I considered participating there when the boards first started. I probably registered that account before 98% or your current members registered theirs. Unfortunately it was clear from the outset that the owners of that board not only tolerated Hammer, they encouraged him. Of course I read some of the threads there. It's only prudent to keep tabs on 'them'.

I've never had anything against you, ever, and usually find you to be one of the more entertaining people here, I like you, hence the invitation. Come give us a try, even if it's just to join the grading contest, what harm can that cause? many many many board members have signed up for the new contest that I know hate Hammer and what he’s "allegedly" done but they have remained strong and persevered to take a crack at the near $1000 worth of prizes.

Seriously, you’re a cool dude, come give us all you got, hope to see you there. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Me participating there would be like walking into a biker bar in a Honda t-shirt. I have thick skin, but it's not bullet proof.

If you want I'll hold your hand for the first time and snuggle you if you need comforting after if it gets to rough. flowerred.gif

Sorry, I don't go that way. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No, that's one very smart criminal. makepoint.gif The point of the testimonials is not that he's smart enough to refund peoples money (in order to maintain the illusion of honesty), but that he sells restored comics as unrestored. If you didn't get that point then there's not much more I can do for you.

Do you really believe that he can detect restoration from a scan, but not on a book he's holding his hand? insane.gif Enjoy your cool-aid.

lol. That's what I was thinking....someone's drinking CGC-laced cool-aid. hi.gif But honestly, I don't know what to think except that it's all very bizarre (like I said). confused-smiley-013.gif

It's just hard to imagine that his victims are all dim-bulb hayseeds that spend thousands on comics, but don't have a clue about restoration concerns in the marketplace. And that honoring a 'life of ownership guarantee', years after the fact, is some genius level ruse. But maybe you're right, he just returns money (28 frikken grand!!) if there's any problem as an illusion of honesty.

It's also hard to imagine that he could spot the trim on the Batman 11 and Ewert's Strange Tales 128 from scans , but CGC's guys couldn't see it inhand. Or, to say it another way, that CGC has no problem spotting Dr. Evil's trim jobs, but missed a string of Ewert's (staple swap too).

And it's hard to make sense of all the effort that CBG/CGC put into that article to out an Ebay comic selling conman, just protecting us all. But not a single peep in the comic hobby press about Halperin's as colorful past (the Forbes article).

The WHOLE THING seems very weird, like some pieces of the complete picture are missing. The bottomline is buyer's have to watch their own backs and educate themselves about all the possible marketplace minefields they can wander into.

If you think I'm "drinking CGC-laced cool-aid" then you know nothing about me or my history on these boards.

I agree with much of what you've said. There are many problems that deserve just as much (more maybe) attention as Hammer.

I would add this to your last sentence:

We also have to watch each others backs.

I would add this to your last sentence:

We also have to watch each others backs.

Agreed. thumbsup2.gif

You can tell by my number of posts I'm new here. Years ago on the CPG boards FFB and Hammer used to have some real knock down exchanges, and the information flow was truly amazing. Not flame wars either, they seemed to really respect each others hobby knowlege. But the admins didn't like the heat and shut it down. STL, thank goodness, took up the slack. They work hard to keep consumers well informed and let us rant.

Back then the CGC boards always seemed, well, tilted a bit. But after the Ewert thing I thought to hell with it, like you say, we have to watch each other's backs. So I ventured over here. At the end of the day we're all potential scam-fodder, and info sharing is the best defense.

The entire point of me having this particular Grading Contest was to have a nice little distraction if you will, from all the negativity that has been in the comic book market as of late and get back to having a little fun(what comic books are supposed to be about) with some nice prizes that the sponsors so graciously donated.

I posted the thread here so all of my friends and anyone else that wanted to participate would have a chance too.

When I have had previous Grading Contests I have had CGC forum members approach me about halfway through the contest and ask me "Why didn't you post about this on the CGC boards? I didn't know there was a Grading Contest going on."

Well I made sure I DID post an announcement over here this time around.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone that wanted to participate had a chance to do so, that's all.

The entire point of me having this particular Grading Contest was to have a nice little distraction if you will, from all the negativity that has been in the comic book market as of late and get back to having a little fun(what comic books are supposed to be about) with some nice prizes that the sponsors so graciously donated.

Well here's hoping that Hammer wins. Nothing would make do more to foster a "nice little distraction from all the negativity that has been in the comic book market as of late and get back to having a little fun" then to see your sponsors have to send the first place prizes to him. Good luck Hammer!

Hammer is here...anyone who was on these boards when he was known as Meth can see the posting similarities to KrazyKat... screwy.gif

Jim

I 100% agree with that.

Didn't delekkerste already establish that KrazyKat is not Hammer because KrazyKat is Brad Savage? Or did something about that change in the last two weeks?

Hammer is here...anyone who was on these boards when he was known as Meth can see the posting similarities to KrazyKat... screwy.gif

Jim

I 100% agree with that.

Didn't delekkerste already establish that KrazyKat is not Hammer because KrazyKat is Brad Savage? Or did something about that change in the last two weeks?

Still don't believe it. sumo.gif