• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN Nova #1
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Great grade.

In past year I've received 9.4's for pre-1975 books that look 9.6 or more and I'm very strict. Yet 1975-1978 stuff I tend to get higher than I expected. My take on it is this. 1975-1978 books are being graded by newer modern graders. Initially they were expecting post 1980's attributes on books and were very harsh on the 1970's stuff. Then a correction took place as they learned the craft better and no longer are as harsh on the mid bronze stuff. However they are now too lenient. No offense but your book displays like a 8.0/8.5 ...

The worst of it is on 1972-1974 books which do not fall under modern and the old school graders expect them to be perfect as they are not Silver or older....

On 12/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, MAR1979 said:

Great grade.

In past year I've received 9.4's for pre-1975 books that look 9.6 or more and I'm very strict. Yet 1975-1978 stuff I tend to get higher than I expected. My take on it is this. 1975-1978 books are being graded by newer modern graders. Initially they were expecting post 1980's attributes on books and were very harsh on the 1970's stuff. Then a correction took place as they learned the craft better and no longer are as harsh on the mid bronze stuff. However they are now too lenient. No offense but your book displays like a 8.0/8.5 ...

The worst of it is on 1972-1974 books which do not fall under modern and the old school graders expect them to be perfect as they are not Silver or older....

Fine by me honestly lol. This chat almost made me not send this in but I decided to say screw it and try. I'm going to be doing a big submission soon due to all my luck. Although these comics genuinely look perfect so I will be getting 8.5s on all.