• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC still taking several days to open submissions?
3 3

81 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, VintageComics said:

Mike, the problems are multiple but one solution seems relatively simple to alleviate a lot of pressure. 

There seems to be an increase in ME returns percentage wise in my experience .

The returns of those ME books back into receiving and grading are creating delays for all other paying customers. They are in effect multiplying CGC's work load unexpectedly.

I've actually had one book receive ME erros more than once, meaning the same book had to go back to CGC multiple times.

And this one book alone, going back to CGC for ME customer service is going to create an UNEXPECTED increase in receiving traffic / shipping room and grading / encapsulation. 

At a quick glance it seems that just increasing quality control standards BEFORE books leave the door and reducing returns will alleviate a lot of the pressure from returns, which in turn will alleviate pressure from the entire process for paying customers including receiving / grading / shipping process. 

This seems the logical place to focus efforts. 

D-qVWnMXYAA-4pk.jpg