• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little Carousel of Comics

19 posts in this topic

A little Carousel of Comics

Hi everyone! :hi: This will be a shorter thread of mainly undercopies, some better presenting midgrades, some...well...undercopies for a reason lol.... but I hope affordable is their virtue. It will consist of some new and some retreads, as usual mostly SA and BA Marvels, maybe some exotica.  

I will consider reasonable offers on all items BUT an unconditional "I'll take it" in the thread or by PM trumps. Competing claims will be decided as far as possible by time stamp. Unfortunately, the new board software does not display precise thread post times (either in PMs or in sales threads), which can result in the inability to determine whether a PM post or thread post came first. In those circumstances (i.e., where there are "take its" in both a PM and in the sales thread, and where it cannot be determined from the time stamps which "take it" came first), the "take it" posted publicly in the sales thread will win. Therefore, there is some risk of losing a book if you try to remain anonymous via PM. You can count on me in any event to do my best to ensure fairness to everyone. (My especial thanks to EC Ed for his kind assistance in formulating and clarifying this rule)

I will not sell to the probate or the banned.

Payment is preferred with PayPal but if you need another method, I'm open to discuss, just PM me first to make arrangements before taking a book. 

I will ship comics (raw or slabbed) to the US and Canada for a flat rate of $10.00 for any number of books shipped in a secure box.

I will ship international but please PM me for a quote. I will work with you to keep your shipping costs down.

This is my 104th sales thread on the Boards.  Kudos Thread If anyone has any further concerns please PM me and I am very happy to provide Board “References upon Request”.

If for any reason a buyer is unhappy with their purchase I will give a full refund upon notification within 30 days of receiving the item(s) and upon the safe return of the item(s).

Many thanks for looking, and I hope you find something in my carousel of comics. :smile:

Cheers,

Robert

MedusaCarousel.jpg.c41bd759adc8a569b0c540825f021976.jpg

Fantastic Four 27 2.0 (place holder copy, all attached but very fragile, especially top staple barely hanging on by the paper, handle with care, that said cf is secure, staples are clean; heavy spine wear; multiple spine & edge tears, 1" spine splits top & btm; tape pull ur over CC box and heavy cb surface wear consistent with grade; PQ is CR-OW) $45.00

FF-27-fc.jpg

FF-27-bc.jpg

Fantastic Four 39 6.0 (Bright with strong colours and exceptional gloss, that is the good news, but 2 major defects, 1st rough cb wear top edge overhang with sm chips & tears, visible in scan, 2nd is mod to heavy tanning interior cvrs and showing through visibly top fc and more obviously bc, see pics below; otherwise light to mod spine wear; sm partial cb impact btm spine fc & bc; without the 2 major defects the book would have been in 7.5-8.0 range, so dropped to 6.0 and PQ is CR-OW with 1st pages creamier and lightening somewhat approaching the cf) $95.00 SOLD

FF-39-fc.jpg

FF-39-bc.jpg

FF-39-interior1.jpg

FF-39-interior2.jpg

FF-39-interior3.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 35 6.0 (Bright & glossy; similar problems to the 39 above just somewhat less severe, so rough cb wear with overhang top edge & stages of mod to heavy foxing/tanning outer & interior cvrs, see pics below, esp note r-edge fc; otherwise, mod cb spine wear; cb wear left btm edge fc near spine; crnr blunting; small pencil "A" left edge fc above Torch; cb crse bl crnr bc; PQ is more uniformly OW) $75.00 SOLD

FF-35-fc.jpg

FF-35-bc.jpg

FF-35-interior1.jpg

FF-35-interior2.jpg

FF-35-interior3.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 11/6/2022 at 8:53 AM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 39 6.0 (Bright with strong colours and exceptional gloss, that is the good news, but 2 major defects, 1st rough cb wear top edge overhang with sm chips & tears, visible in scan, 2nd is mod to heavy tanning interior cvrs and showing through visibly top fc and more obviously bc, see pics below; otherwise light to mod spine wear; sm partial cb impact btm spine fc & bc; without the 2 major defects the book would have been in 7.5-8.0 range, so dropped to 6.0 and PQ is CR-OW with 1st pages creamier and lightening somewhat approaching the cf) $95.00

FF-39-fc.jpg

FF-39-bc.jpg

FF-39-interior1.jpg

FF-39-interior2.jpg

FF-39-interior3.jpg

:takeit:

GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 35 6.0 (Bright & glossy; similar problems to the 39 above just somewhat less severe, so rough cb wear with overhang top edge & stages of mod to heavy foxing/tanning outer & interior cvrs, see pics below, esp note r-edge fc; otherwise, mod cb spine wear; cb wear left btm edge fc near spine; crnr blunting; small pencil "A" left edge fc above Torch; cb crse bl crnr bc; PQ is more uniformly OW) $75.00

FF-35-fc.jpg

FF-35-bc.jpg

FF-35-interior1.jpg

FF-35-interior2.jpg

FF-35-interior3.jpg

GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Fantastic Four 51 5.5 (Bright & glossy but note slight colour fade top fc; presents better and I was originally going with 6.5, and to be honest difficult to grade; a lot of the wear is faint, but finally cb or partially cb and it adds up, including hard cb impacts btm spine and br crnr fc, in both cases leaving cb crses fc & bc; light cb surface wear along r-edge fc incl v faint mainly ncb folds near issue # box; cb thumb crses top & left edge bc; otherwise very solid, staples tight and clean, light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $75.00

FF-51-fc.jpg

FF-51-bc.jpg

Incredible Hulk 121 7.0 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; presents better but accumulation of general wear puts it just shy of 7.5; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & r-edges fc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly btm spine visible in scan; sm partial cb impact top spine; main defect is a larger partial cb thumb crse top of the "H" in main title; faint vertical cb crse right top bc; mod ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $20.00 SOLD

Hulk-121-fc.jpg

Hulk-121-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Incredible Hulk 123 4.0 (Bright with still good gloss & reflectivity; major defects are ink stacking transfer top & ur areas of fc; cb reader's crse along spine; cb wear br fc; light water stain top edge bc; dirt stains btm edge bc; mod to heavy ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW, on the bright side all attached, staples clean and tight, your classic VG reader copy and) Claimed

Hulk-123-fc.jpg

Hulk-123-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Incredible Hulk 141 1.0 (Remaindered copy, while not much point in detailing condition I realize, it can be said that had the cover not been cut the book would otherwise have graded out as a bright & glossy 7.5; note that first two interior pages have v sharp cuts in paper also, see pics below; obviously a place holder copy, as it has served for me until now, PQ is CR-OW) $12.00

Hulk-141-fc.jpg

Hulk-141-bc.jpg

Hulk-141-interior1.jpg

Hulk-141-interior2.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw 107 0.5 (Cover detached and split, the interior is otherwise complete and attached at cf; staples are clean, no odours and book is serviceable for reading; PQ is CR-OW) $10.00 SOLD

KCO-107-fc.jpg

KCO-107-bc.jpg

KCO-107-interior1.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 11/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, crassus said:

Incredible Hulk 123 4.0 (Bright with still good gloss & reflectivity; major defects are ink stacking transfer top & ur areas of fc; cb reader's crse along spine; cb wear br fc; light water stain top edge bc; dirt stains btm edge bc; mod to heavy ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW, on the bright side all attached, staples clean and tight, your classic VG reader copy and) FREE with Next Purchase

Hulk-123-fc.jpg

Hulk-123-bc.jpg

:takeit:claim for free with Kid Colt purchase.

On 11/6/2022 at 9:58 AM, crassus said:

Incredible Hulk 121 7.0 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; presents better but accumulation of general wear puts it just shy of 7.5; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & r-edges fc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly btm spine visible in scan; sm partial cb impact top spine; main defect is a larger partial cb thumb crse top of the "H" in main title; faint vertical cb crse right top bc; mod ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $20.00

Hulk-121-fc.jpg

Hulk-121-bc.jpg