• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze, Silver Gold?????

28 posts in this topic

sorry.

YOU'RE sorry? I have to buy them! lol.

Seriously, thanks to ebay and the ocassional Con deal, I have been getting a lot of my precode below guide. But it takes a LOT of work and looking. And some of them are just so-so precode. Guide seems to continue increasing as does a lot of mail order I have seen. So I guess it really depends not only on where you buy but also what you buy. Some of the real keys: Cap 75, Horrific 3 (saw one I really wanted at Wondercon but was 200 in G- which is about 38-40 in the new OS.) Black Cat 50, Startling terror Tales 11 etc...when the folks say "throw the guide out on this one" - you best believe it. frown.gif

The Atlas books have slowed a bit as have ECs simply because of sheer volume (but keys in both continue to climb).

What really seems to have steady increses are the less common but popular titles like Mister Mystery, Voodoo, Horrific tc. with really bold covers. Guide really hasn;t kept up with these in the majority of places I have looked (mainly mail order). Ebay tends tyo be less but it is also a [!@#%^&^] shoot for grade and I have passed on literally hundreds of precodes on ebay due to grading copncerns.

Who makes this software anyway?

Look at the bottom of the page. However, Arch appears to be able to change the tolerance, as @ss used to be acceptable but no longer! frown.gif