• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the proper procedure

4 posts in this topic

Sent quite a few books to MCS for consignment the past few months. I just noticed that a few of slabs have been evaluated by MCS with scuffing on the case ranging from slight to significant.

A couple are noted with scuffing on the inner well. 

These books were sent straight to MCS as soon as I received them. Should CGC be responsible for reholdering them?

These books range from $50 to $1500. I don’t know how much these scuffs will put off potential buyers 

Edited by stippy52

I would email CGC with pictures, but my guess is, it would get sticky because a third party was involved. 

CGC could claim they don't know if you or MCS scratched the slabs. 

The scratches on the inner well, I would hope they would reholder.

I would email them with all the evidence you have and see what they'll do. 

On 11/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, KCOComics said:

I would email CGC with pictures, but my guess is, it would get sticky because a third party was involved. 

CGC could claim they don't know if you or MCS scratched the slabs. 

The scratches on the inner well, I would hope they would reholder.

I would email them with all the evidence you have and see what they'll do. 

I don’t have the books in my possession.

They are listed at MCS

I think the larger problem you may face is that CGC (as far as I understand it) won't re-holder a book for free after about two weeks.  They put it on you to closely examine your slabs when you get them back and report any issues immediately.  If you don't and later notice a defect or damage, you're kind of out of luck.