• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help with USPS item

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I made a mistake on a package I posted to someone, somehow I did one of the digits wrong on the postal code, duh, silly me.

Anyway, the package has been going back and fourth from Jacksonville distribution centre to Tallahassee distribution centre. The person lives in Jacksonville, all of the address is correct, door, street, state etc except for one of the digits on the end of the postal code. He has phoned them, they say they cannot, or will not change the incorrect digit.

USPS said I have to phone my post office over here, which I have done a few times, they say that they can't do anything and that we need to contact USPS, I was hoping that maybe there was someone on here who worked for USPS and could help, or if anyone who does not work for them, but still has any ideas what we can do?

I have refunded the buyer, as it was my fault, but I would like him to still get the comic, as he has been very polite and patient.

Any help would be most appreciated,

best, herc

In my own similar experience, they usually eventually corrected it themselves and sent to the correct address if the last digit or two in the zip was off (they figured out it was the correct city, just wrong zip/USPS branch). In a couple of cases, they just returned it back to me (the sender) as undeliverable. In both cases, it took them forever to do either...very frustrating...

On 12/12/2022 at 8:42 AM, herc2000 said:

Hi guys,

I made a mistake on a package I posted to someone, somehow I did one of the digits wrong on the postal code, duh, silly me.

Anyway, the package has been going back and fourth from Jacksonville distribution centre to Tallahassee distribution centre. The person lives in Jacksonville, all of the address is correct, door, street, state etc except for one of the digits on the end of the postal code. He has phoned them, they say they cannot, or will not change the incorrect digit.

USPS said I have to phone my post office over here, which I have done a few times, they say that they can't do anything and that we need to contact USPS, I was hoping that maybe there was someone on here who worked for USPS and could help, or if anyone who does not work for them, but still has any ideas what we can do?

I have refunded the buyer, as it was my fault, but I would like him to still get the comic, as he has been very polite and patient.

Any help would be most appreciated,

best, herc

Have you tried to redirect the package using Package intercept since it hasn't been delivered.

I think you would be able to correct the delivery address that way since you are redirecting it to the correct zip code.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:23 AM, blazingbob said:

Have you tried to redirect the package using Package intercept since it hasn't been delivered.

I think you would be able to correct the delivery address that way since you are redirecting it to the correct zip code.

I second this. I believe it costs like $15, but they can definitely redirect.