• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are tanking on eBay...
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah, that’s a lot lower than recent sales.  HOWEVER, that is a pretty bad press job. It’s especially evident on the back cover scan.  Take a look at the larger image and see what I’m talking about.

it’s a poor man’s 9.8

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 1/9/2023 at 2:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yeah, that’s a lot lower than recent sales.  HOWEVER, that is a pretty bad press job. It’s especially evident on the back cover scan.  Take a look at the larger image and see what I’m talking about.

it’s a poor man’s 9.8

Has micro-trimming returned in full force??? hm

And I agree you could slide that copy through the refrigerator door. :roflmao:

What?!?....you mean there are books that have come down to earth from crazy wacko padded room crackhead level pandemic pricing??? I'm so stunned by this development I offer the community my shocked face...

bernie-mac-staring.gif.02ac882c855a7f7c4046ebdca13afce8.gif

Fun fact: in 2021 there were two sales of ASM 129 blue label 9.8 for well under 25k

Edited by MGsimba77

On 1/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

it’s a poor man’s 9.8

Poor men and their 9.8's...

On 1/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

it’s a poor man’s 9.8

Would someone really drop $25K on this book without looking at the back cover?

My God, it is HORRIBLE.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:30 AM, World Devourer said:

That example, ASM#129 will soar again. Popular character, and there are only a finite copy that are truly 9.8.

I was trying to talk someone out of spending $3300 for an 8.5. Showed him they are about $2700 right now. But he was hell bent on getting it and wanted time payments, so he was willing to pay 20% extra.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:05 PM, the blob said:

I was trying to talk someone out of spending $3300 for an 8.5. Showed him they are about $2700 right now. But he was hell bent on getting it and wanted time payments, so he was willing to pay 20% extra.

Shame. He would have been better off saving for a 9.8. They always pay off in the long run.