• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze comic sale: 1971-1985 CLOSED
2 2

104 posts in this topic

Welcome to my most recent Bronze Age comic sale.  I've got raw copies in a range of grades that are great for reading and filling holes in runs.  They're priced to move, so the listed prices are firm, and grading is conservative to ensure your satisfaction.  Clicking three times on an image will bring up the large high res scan of the front cover.

The particulars:

The first unconditional 'take it' via this thread or private message wins a book.  Payments are accepted via check or PayPal.  All books are guaranteed unrestored, except where a qualified production defect is noted.  Shipping is $13 in the US for up to 5 comics via Priority Mail, and $18 for more books than that.  Customers from all countries are welcome but you will be charged my exact shipping, which can cost a lot more than for within the US.  Comics may be returned within two weeks for a refund of the comic price, provided they are in the same condition as they were sent to you - since returns are a hassle for buyer and seller alike, and return shipping is not refundable, please take the time to peruse the large high resolution scans provided, and feel free to ask me via p.m. to describe in full detail from cover to cover and edge to edge the condition, flaws, and appearance of any book.  It's surprising to me how infrequently prospective buyers ask for this service, which I believe is even better than scans or photos at discerning details of condition and eye appeal.

First up are the Marvels.

• Avengers #93
  • F/VF 
  • $85  SOLD!

34 pages of Neal Adams/Tom Palmer greatness on the art, plus Roy Thomas' scripting a key segment of the Kree-Skrull war.  Includes the chapter 'Jouney to the Center of an Android', in which Neal's remarkable creativity comes to the fore.  One of the best of all Bronze Age comics.

Avengers93A.thumb.jpg.265962e73c56e05c4e144dc8fcae00ef.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Avengers #95
  • VF ow/w pgs
  • $59  SOLD!

Awesome Adams cover, plus great interior art by the titanic team of Adams and Palmer.  More Kree-Skrull war saga, with guest appearances by the Inhumans.

Avengers95.thumb.jpg.d16f5437a23c94b991eb4f43ebc12f05.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

Lot of 3 Captain Marvel comics.... $20  SOLD!

• #42 VF/NM
  • #43 NM-
  • #46 NM-

CapMarvel42.thumb.jpg.d5edcfb255be60f3045f831c1904ab13.jpg 

Can't find the scans for the latter 2 issues - will post later today

Edited by namisgr
books sold

Lot of 2 Creatures on the Loose comics.... $28  SOLD!

• COTL #34 VF
  • COTL #36 VF+

Early Man-Wolf stories, featuring exquisite George Perez art.

COTL34.thumb.jpg.b89db405647af44d95240b0aa808d4eb.jpg  COTL36.thumb.jpg.17f457947e4f32ac2460fd496ab41047.jpg

Edited by namisgr
books sold

• Fantastic Four #118
  • VF/NM oww
  • $45  SOLD!

Tiny corner ding lower right corner back cover responsible for the assigned grade.

FF118.thumb.jpg.cb96f1f284e63de8744a0cd775b44cf2.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Fantastic Four #126
  • VF/NM ow/w
  • $52  SOLD!

Cover pays homage to Fantastic Four #1.  Small area with loss of gloss, upper right corner back cover.

FF126.thumb.jpg.a9ff2674cad9731de3bd96a173f478ab.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold

• Fantastic Four #127
  • VF
  • $20

Copy I bought off the rack.  Dime-sized indent back cover and light lower right corner crease front cover responsible for the assigned grade.

FF127.thumb.jpg.fe290256efc6d1adf00c80cc6343be9d.jpg

• Fantastic Four #183
  • CGC 9.4 white
  • $55  includes shipping anywhere within the United States, and can include up to 6 raw comics for no additional shipping cost.
  • SOLD!

From an old sub - they were especially tough on this beauty.  Only slabbed comic in this sales thread.

FF183cgc-1.jpg.d542db74751d57cd87f1354ec24eda14.jpg

Edited by namisgr
book sold