• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant's FAITH from Paramount (TBD)

16 posts in this topic

Fan-favorite comics hero Faith might finally be headed into live-action. On Thursday, a report from Variety confirmed that a Faith movie is currently in early development at Paramount. The film will be written by Emily Carmichael, whose previous work includes Pacific Rim: Uprising and Jurassic World: Dominion. This will be the second film within Paramount's "Valiant Cinematic Universe" after Harbinger, an ensemble film helmed by Brittany Runs a Marathon's Paul Downs Colaizzo. Faith is expected to appear in the Harbinger film. There were previous efforts to develop a Faith movie at Sony Pictures, the studio that produced and released 2020's Bloodshot, with Maria Melnik penning that iteration of the --script.

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/9/2023 at 9:26 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Harbinger's been in development hell longer than The Flash.

Like...2008, when it was first announced that Brett Ratner was directing it.

Yes, Harbinger started with Paramount and then went to Sony.  But you may want to account for the studio change with Valiant film rights transferring back from Sony to Paramount, and that studio feeling more confident to experiment after Top Gun: Maverick, A Quiet Place franchise, and the pending follow-up films for Mission Impossible. It is wanting more franchises.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

Yes, Harbinger started with Paramount and then went to Sony.  But you may want to account for the studio change with Valiant film rights transferring back from Sony to Paramount, and that studio feeling more confident to experiment after Top Gun: Maverick, A Quiet Place franchise, and the pending follow-up films for Mission Impossible. It is wanting more franchises.

?

Or, like most long-time Valiant fans, it could be that I've simply been waiting for the Harbinger film since it was announced with Brett Ratner directing back in 2008.

Well before the DMG acquisition and subsequent announcement of a Harbinger trilogy in 2015.

The excuses don't matter.

Given the number of credible prior announcements that have gone nowhere, I have zero "faith" in this one.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 2/10/2023 at 6:50 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

Or, like most long-time Valiant fans, it could be that I've simply been waiting for the Harbinger film since it was announced with Brett Ratner directing back in 2008.

Well before the DMG acquisition and subsequent announcement of a Harbinger trilogy in 2015.

The excuses don't matter.

Given the number of credible prior announcements that have gone nowhere, I have zero "faith" in this one.

??

What. Reading was a challenge?

On 2/10/2023 at 6:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

??

What. Reading was a challenge?

Umm...

I read a post that said, "but but...with the rights back at Paramount now and the recent success of Top Gun Maverick...dur dur dur" it'll be different this time.

I disagree.

I think we'll see an Ana DuVernay New Gods film before we see a Faith film.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:29 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...

I read a post that said, "but but...with the rights back at Paramount now and the recent success of Top Gun Maverick...dur dur dur" it'll be different this time.

I disagree.

I think we'll see an Ana DuVernay New Gods film before we see a Faith film.

Brett Ratner's Harbinger announcement was the 2008 Paramount initial efforts, which I noted right at the beginning of my response.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

I think you just wanted to continue more of the same without recognizing that.

:baiting:

On 2/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Fan favourite?  Is she really that popular now?

Guess so.

Faith Herbert wiki

n 2016, Jody Houser began writing the first solo series about Faith.[2][3] PBS highlighted that Faith "sold out five times in its limited-run series, a significant feat in the comic book industry" which led to Valiant launching an ongoing series starting Faith, with Houser as the writer, in July 2016.[4] NPR's review stated that "Houser has accomplished something deceptively simple: she's made Faith a fun character to spend time with. Faith is lighthearted but virtuous, with a cheesy sense of humor, compassion and smarts".[5] In 2017, Faith (2016) was nominated for the "Best New Series" Eisner Award.[6][7]

On 2/10/2023 at 8:25 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Only familiar with the original series.

Clearly been developed a lot more since then. 

Same here. Have my original Harbinger 1-41 series.

Faith_Awards.JPG.70d2670145e00689a21fc615d21c2177.JPG

Had no idea how popular she became until the movie rumors started.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

Brett Ratner's Harbinger announcement was the 2008 Paramount initial efforts, which I noted right at the beginning of my response.

I think you just wanted to continue more of the same without recognizing that.

:baiting:

No.

I presume we're all familiar with various Harbinger and related Valiant movie announcements, and the studio shuffling through the years.

This is not the first time a Faith movie - and screenwriter - has been announced. That was 2018, with scripting for Sony by Maria Melnik.

Given the 15-year+ history of Valiant film announcements, a new one - this time by Paramount - means nothing. 

I think all these projects (Valiant or otherwise) are pretty much "posturing" until filming has begun. Rights, scripts, directors attached, etc., are a lot like "person with attention deficit begins new project" statements, and they'll never finish the job. (Having attention deficit myself, I think it's fair for me to

On 2/10/2023 at 12:23 PM, Gatsby77 said:

No.

I presume we're all familiar with various Harbinger and related Valiant movie announcements, and the studio shuffling through the years.

This is not the first time a Faith movie - and screenwriter - has been announced. That was 2018, with scripting for Sony by Maria Melnik.

Given the 15-year+ history of Valiant film announcements, a new one - this time by Paramount - means nothing. 

:violin:

On 2/10/2023 at 12:39 PM, valiantman said:

I think all these projects (Valiant or otherwise) are pretty much "posturing" until filming has begun. Rights, scripts, directors attached, etc., are a lot like "person with attention deficit begins new project" statements, and they'll never finish the job. (Having attention deficit myself, I think it's fair for me to

Now that is more a fair assessment of the situation.

Hollywood movie development has got to be a crazy experience. As it feels at times with certain studios it goes through phases (Announce, Measure Responses, Then Commit, Pre-Production...).