• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remote Control Question for Toshiba 27AF43
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

The good news is I acquired this Toshiba 27AF43 colour TV from 2003 for retro gaming for a very cheap $5. The bad news....the remote was not with it. Now I have tried to find a universal remote via Ebay and Amazon with little luck. Apparently I need a remote for this particular TV because when I plug a gaming system in and use the channel select to try to get to channels 2 or 3 (the standard ones one would try to get to) I still get the snowy screen. The remote is apparently needed to select an input option which then allows for me to access the gaming systems. Is this true? Does anyone have familiarity with such a TV or any info on how to acquire a universal remote (or where else to search?) Thanks!

On 2/13/2023 at 8:46 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Hi all,

The good news is I acquired this Toshiba 27AF43 colour TV from 2003 for retro gaming for a very cheap $5. The bad news....the remote was not with it. Now I have tried to find a universal remote via Ebay and Amazon with little luck. Apparently I need a remote for this particular TV because when I plug a gaming system in and use the channel select to try to get to channels 2 or 3 (the standard ones one would try to get to) I still get the snowy screen. The remote is apparently needed to select an input option which then allows for me to access the gaming systems. Is this true? Does anyone have familiarity with such a TV or any info on how to acquire a universal remote (or where else to search?) Thanks!

Here's a potential match for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Universal-Remote-Control-BRAND/dp/B01N1MPP6F/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2ZQWH1ZDLPZH8&keywords=toshiba+universal+remote+control&qid=1676656448&sprefix=toshiba+universal+remote+control%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-6

Per some of the reviews, someone says that there doesn't really need any programming and that they tried it on a 1990s era CRT model and it works.  It's amazon so if it doesn't work, you can always return it. 

Should be a button on the TV that switches inputs. Though I do not know Toshiba that well, I just recall the TVs at the time having that button, usually called input, av, or something similar.

On 4/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, Poutine said:

Should be a button on the TV that switches inputs. Though I do not know Toshiba that well, I just recall the TVs at the time having that button, usually called input, av, or something similar.

Yeah sadly not on this model. One of the few that requires the remote to do so.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:12 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah sadly not on this model. One of the few that requires the remote to do so.

Aww thats unfortunate, but so bizarre too. Big design flaw!

On 4/17/2023 at 5:58 AM, Poutine said:

Aww thats unfortunate, but so bizarre too. Big design flaw!

Yeah but its a killer TV for $5 and $15 all in for a remote....I can live $20 all in for a nice older TV that works well and does the job for retro game systems