• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prescreen worth it?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, mephistopheles said:

You could make the argument for sure.

I mean to me it is the equivalent of the roadside service industry when you call for a tow truck and the text says "your tow truck will be there in 45 minutes". You will get the people who are happy it shows up sooner and never say anything. You will get the people who are unphased when it shows up 30 minutes beyond the ETA. But you will also get those who will say call irate and say "you said 45 minutes and I based my life around that and it was 10 minutes late and now I missed a hair appointment (or a movie release so I could sell a hot book) raawr raawr raawr". I don't think they care about those because to the roadside people, 10 mins late is nothing. To CGC, a customer upset that a 9.8 in their eyes was given a 9.4 probably warrants little concern.

Now, I would hope they address concerns should they hear lots of people upset at 9.4-9.8 books coming back with grades in the 7 and 8s frequently....to me, that indicates a real issues with one or more of the graders. We all view grades as firm but reality is all grades have some flex, just like an ETA. Hence the term estimated time of arrival. Perhaps the term "estimated condition" needs to be considered?