• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HERITAGE HALLS OF FAME

42 posts in this topic

By the way, i just picked up the cover art to Action #453 at the big apple comicon today.It just caught my eye because it has the vintage [1938] Action cover logo on it even though this piece is from 1975. By Bob Oksner. Hey, I count leave the show empty handed?

Im pretty sure he has the cover Art for Archie #1[Golden age] Though he wouldnt talk about it for his own reasons.

Having it end up in the news in connection with that scandal would stop ME from talking about it for a little while I'd think- even if it was just out of frustration with personal business being trotted into the public eye.

i love how totally different that costume is from what we normally think of Superman wearing...it's really killer, the differences. like, this is how S&S envisioned him originally

I have the Sotheby's Auction Catalog from that Auction - the Auction was incredible - but this piece did not sell, I was told who bought it from Sotheby's afterwards, but I forget who at this point - it was definitely a name I have heard before - it might have even been Geppi. I also understand that Siegel was having doubts about Shuster doing the art since the concept wasn't selling and so Siegel shopped the idea, behind Shuster's back, with another cartoonist(the person who told me couldn't remember the artists' name but it was a popular cartoonist of the day) and apparently that artists' concept drawings still exist - this was done around 1936 - but again, the person who told me hadn't seen it but knew someone who had - and apparently the concept was similar("S" on the chest, etc.) but not the same -- just adds more to the lore I guess...